Post by hobbykit » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:49 pm

I'm looking for an extension through which I can set:
1. Discount on selected products (one or more) or selected categories (one or more). For example, a normal price is 10.00, a 10% discount, and the price is 9.00.

2. Discount for quantity of the selected product. For example, a normal price is 10.00; 3+ 9.50 / -5%; 5+ 9.00 / -10%. Or something like that.

Without editing each product separately (from the extension I can set the discount for the group of selected products / categories).
I use version 2.3.0.2
Please recommend something tested.

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by hobbykit on Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Johnathan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:56 pm

Merry Christmas! I believe you have already e-mailed me about this, but in case others with the same question find your topic:

I think Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount should work for you. It can do quantity-based discounts, you can set the discounts in the extension itself, and you can limit them to individual products/categories/manufacturers. Here's an example of how you'd set it up:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: Category A Quantity Discount
Group: A
Charge Type: Quantity
Charge Field: 3-4 = -5%, 5-999 = -10%
Rule: Category is Category A
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind this is an Order Total extension. Order Totals do not affect the price shown in the cart --- only "Special" prices can do that. Order Totals are automatically activated when the criteria are met, and show up as a line item on the order.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by hobbykit » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:15 pm

Yes, I wrote to you. I want more reviews to decide exactly what to buy.

For point one:
Old price - 10.00 (crossed out) and new price 9.00. This at a 10% discount for the product or products / category.

For point two:
On the product page, below the price there should be:
3+ 9.50 5%
5+ 9.00 10%
10+ ...

or

3-4 9.50 5%
5-9 9.00 10%

Is it possible with this extension? I looked at the extension, but didn't find the answer.

Post by by mona » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:40 pm

hobbykit wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:49 pm
I want more reviews to decide exactly what to buy.
Jonathan’s work is excellent - other than that - he is generally easy going, helpful, kind and is (so rightly) confident in his abilities he comes across as humble.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:23 am

Thanks Mona. ;D

hobbykit wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:15 pm
For point two:
On the product page, below the price there should be:
3+ 9.50 5%
5+ 9.00 10%
10+ ...

or

3-4 9.50 5%
5-9 9.00 10%
Unfortunately no, that requires modifying core OpenCart files, which my extension does not do. Order Totals can't display their discounts anywhere, they just added automatically when the criteria are met. If you used Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount, you'd need to manually add the discount information in the product description, or put a banner or something similar on the relevant product pages.

If that doesn't suffice, then you'll probably want to find a modification, and not a normal Order Total extension. Someone may post a suggestion here, otherwise you may have to hire someone to write a custom modification for you. If you need to find a developer, you can post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by hobbykit » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:02 am

I understand how it works, and I think it will work for me.
Thanks. I wrote to you, I will buy it.