Post by ocdev » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Using the built in module with OC v2.3.0.2 and receive payments correctly and capture works in order history as needed. However I cannot find any information that shows the payment method, ie Paypal, Credit Card - is this information stored in another table or is there another addon to add this informaiton. Our customers like the payment method on the receipt we pack in the box. Other modules store this information in order_history - which would be fine.

Any thoughts?
thanks,
Steve

Location - Texas

Post by yodapt » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:58 pm

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/class ... the-server
TENDER (Required) The method of payment. Values are:
- A = Automated clearinghouse (ACH)
- C = Credit card
- D = Pinless debit
- K = Telecheck
- P = PayPal
These are the payment methods available in Payflow. However, if you lookup for TENDER key in Opencart, you'll find it is hardcoded to C (Credit Card), so I guess all payments are made through CC forcefully.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by ocdev » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Just noticed that his module does not notify customer when the card is declined - just throws them back to the top of the checkout page.
Anyone else seen this?

Location - Texas

Post by ocdev » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:47 am

I found a spot to include a message to customer indicating failure (better than showing nothing):
from the file
/catalog/controller/extension/payment/pp_payflow_iframe.php

public function paymentError() {
echo 'Credit Card Data Error - Please Confirm Billing Address and CVV Data';

$data['url'] = $this->url->link('checkout/checkout');
$this->response->setOutput($this->load->view('extension/payment/pp_payflow_iframe_return', $data));
}

If there is a better way to send this error message to the opencart message handler after the setOutput function is called, would make for a much nicer output, or any other suggestions appreciated

Location - Texas

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:33 am

Long ago post but here is the solution: Don't put anything in the error URL field in your manager.paypal.com account. It will then show the errors on page.
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member