Post by Dakumbra » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:10 am

Hello all!

Thanks so much ahead of time for anyone who might help me progress.

The OpenCart Version is 2.2.0.0

I was recently asked to help with maintenance but am just learning. I was contacted and told that another user is unable to access offline credit card information. Previously, I'm told, the user would go to Dashboard --> View [for the latest order] --> Offline Credit Cards [Tab under Order History] and would there see the credit card information to process offline. That seems pretty insecure to me, but ok. Currently, instead there is *encoded message and a place to put the encoded message. I tried looking up the extension and I think an email is supposed to be sent with encrypted information that is then pasted in that location which will decode and give the CC information for processing. I see no signs of any emails with that type of information. I don't have direct access to the database but I was able to get a backup sql file. When I went hunting I found entries for offline credit cards but the last entry was a month ago and while the most recent order was inserted into another table, I see no entry for the oc_offline_cards table. This makes me think this module isn't working at all.

There are multiple people with access so am I right that someone changed something? Does OC auto-update or is there some reason that their process would change suddenly like this. At this point I don't know how to get documentation for the extension - I can find it but it doesn't say anything other than "Documentation Provided" - do I have to contact the developer for documentation? If so, at this point would I be better off just getting a different extension purchased and installed?

Thanks!

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:06 am

Dakumbra wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:10 am
Hello all!

Thanks so much ahead of time for anyone who might help me progress.

The OpenCart Version is 2.2.0.0

I was recently asked to help with maintenance but am just learning. I was contacted and told that another user is unable to access offline credit card information. Previously, I'm told, the user would go to Dashboard --> View [for the latest order] --> Offline Credit Cards [Tab under Order History] and would there see the credit card information to process offline. That seems pretty insecure to me, but ok. Currently, instead there is *encoded message and a place to put the encoded message. I tried looking up the extension and I think an email is supposed to be sent with encrypted information that is then pasted in that location which will decode and give the CC information for processing. I see no signs of any emails with that type of information. I don't have direct access to the database but I was able to get a backup sql file. When I went hunting I found entries for offline credit cards but the last entry was a month ago and while the most recent order was inserted into another table, I see no entry for the oc_offline_cards table. This makes me think this module isn't working at all.

There are multiple people with access so am I right that someone changed something? Does OC auto-update or is there some reason that their process would change suddenly like this. At this point I don't know how to get documentation for the extension - I can find it but it doesn't say anything other than "Documentation Provided" - do I have to contact the developer for documentation? If so, at this point would I be better off just getting a different extension purchased and installed?

Thanks!
Depending of the region the store is located, storing CC information even "encrypted" is a big no-no, specially if there is more than one user that can see that information.

I suggest you to consider using a different/proper payment method for those type of payments, such as PayPal, Skrillex, etc.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide