Post by ggrant3 » Thu May 12, 2022 3:59 am

So paypal just raised their credit card processing fee's for merchant accounts (again) and I want to see what other options are out there that work well with Opencart sites.

What is everyone using? I have both a OC v1.5.5.1 store and a OC v2.3.0.2 store setup and I've noticed a larger list of companies in the Payment Extension section of the 2.3.0.2. But don't know anything about any of them.

I tried reaching out to a few but figured first I would see who here likes certain companies and who has had issues with certain companies.
Last edited by ggrant3 on Fri May 13, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Thu May 12, 2022 8:26 am

Stripe extensions can be found on the Marketplace.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Thu May 12, 2022 10:13 pm

I like Stripe best myself, and am a verified Stripe partner:

https://stripe.com/accept-payments/open ... nt-gateway

I have two extensions for processing payments through them:

• Stripe Payment Gateway (https://www.opencartx.com/stripe-payment-gateway)
• Stripe Payment Gateway Pro (https://www.opencartx.com/stripe-payment-gateway-pro)

Their rates are comparable to other processors, but their admin panel is way better than most of the other processors I've worked with. Their API is also very clear and nicely laid out, though that only really matters for developers.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know if you have any questions at www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by ggrant3 » Fri May 13, 2022 3:48 am

Thanks for that information.

But that seems to be what I'm paying now. I was paying 2.2% + $0.30 (under a tiered pricing plan) with Paypal. But they've done away with their tiered pricing so they jacked my rates up to 2.9% + $0.30

Unless you're aware if Stripe does tiered pricing (Over X amount of dollars in transactions per month and they give you a lower rate)

Edit: I just dig some more digging and they mention something about it so I emailed them.

Post by straightlight » Fri May 13, 2022 4:56 am

ggrant3 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:48 am

But that seems to be what I'm paying now. I was paying 2.2% + $0.30 (under a tiered pricing plan) with Paypal. But they've done away with their tiered pricing so they jacked my rates up to 2.9% + $0.30

Unless you're aware if Stripe does tiered pricing (Over X amount of dollars in transactions per month and they give you a lower rate)

Edit: I just dig some more digging and they mention something about it so I emailed them.
Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ggrant3 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:52 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:56 am
ggrant3 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:48 am

Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.
It hasn't really solved my question, but I added Solved as you requested.

Anyone else with info or suggestions on who they're using please feel free to post.

Especially if someone is currently using the company "Web Payment Software", they come up as a merchant processor option on both of my sites, but I can't reach them so I wasn't sure if they were still in business or just changed their name. Their pricing was exactly what I was looking for (according to their website)

Post by Johnathan » Fri May 13, 2022 9:40 pm

Your question wasn't solved, so I removed the [SOLVED] so you'd potentially get more answers. Otherwise people may ignore the topic assuming you've gotten the response you want.

2.9% + $0.30 is pretty standard these days, but some processors will give discounts for high volume. I think Stripe's is over $1 million, which is pretty high for most OpenCart stores, but it may work for you. If not, hopefully you can find an extension for "Web Payment Software" --- I haven't heard of them myself, but they do seem to have a dedicated OpenCart page:

https://www.web-payment-software.com/on ... -opencart/

You might want to contact them and see if they can point you to the correct OpenCart extension.

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Sat May 14, 2022 4:45 am

Apologize on this one. I thought the way the last reply was addressed that the issue was actually solved.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ggrant3 » Sat May 14, 2022 5:52 am

Johnathan wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:40 pm
Your question wasn't solved, so I removed the [SOLVED] so you'd potentially get more answers. Otherwise people may ignore the topic assuming you've gotten the response you want.

2.9% + $0.30 is pretty standard these days, but some processors will give discounts for high volume. I think Stripe's is over $1 million, which is pretty high for most OpenCart stores, but it may work for you. If not, hopefully you can find an extension for "Web Payment Software" --- I haven't heard of them myself, but they do seem to have a dedicated OpenCart page:

https://www.web-payment-software.com/on ... -opencart/

You might want to contact them and see if they can point you to the correct OpenCart extension.
No, not doing 1 million+, unfortunately ;D

They show up in the Payment Extensions section on my 1.5.5.1 store and my 2.3.0.2 store. But I've gone to their website (www.web-payment-software.com), tried to submit a Contact Us form, but it doesn't seem to send the email, what I mean is the screen doesn't perform as if the message was sent, no confirmation or reload or anything. Plus I've tried calling them, but some answering service (pretending to be "their" secretary, but obviously not) takes the message but I don't get a return call. Plus the "secretary" says it is "Mountain Media"

Same when I search the phone number, Mountain Media comes up, and same when I search the address, Mountain Media shows up.

But for someone to move/close and both their address and toll free number to go to the new company is pretty un-usual. So I was hoping to find someone on here that is using them and tell me, Yeah they still process cards they just changed their name or No, the stopped and only do whatever Mountain media does now.

Post by ggrant3 » Sat May 14, 2022 6:58 am

straightlight wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:45 am
Apologize on this one. I thought the way the last reply was addressed that the issue was actually solved.
No problem

Post by Johnathan » Sat May 14, 2022 10:49 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:45 am
No worries.

ggrant3 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:52 am
But for someone to move/close and both their address and toll free number to go to the new company is pretty un-usual. So I was hoping to find someone on here that is using them and tell me, Yeah they still process cards they just changed their name or No, the stopped and only do whatever Mountain media does now.
Very weird, but I suppose it's possible. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone that has actually used "Web Payment Software" will post here --- I wasn't aware it was a built-in extension, so obviously no one I know has used it. :)

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Sun May 15, 2022 1:20 am

Yes, web software payment has been part of the core since a couple of years now.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tdaubs » Tue May 17, 2022 12:32 am

I second the recommendation on Stripe. Best payment processor I have ever worked with... even if the fees are the same their service offering and documentation are excellent. Also, the Stripe extensions that Clear Thinking offer are a thing of beauty!

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California