Post by bhy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Hello, we are running an eshop https://www.bio-krasa.cz which currently has 133 products.
We are using the default Google Base product feed included with OC 2.3.0.2, the feed is here: https://www.bio-krasa.cz/index.php?rout ... oogle_base
As you can see, it contains only 35 products. What happened to all the other ones?
I thought that either the product titles are too long or that they contain some unsupported characters, but neither seems to be the case. Is there something wrong with the descriptions or are some of the mandatory attributes missing? I have no clue. (We also have a Facebook product feed and it picks all the 133 products.)
Thank you very much.
Petr Břeň

bhy

Post by webdesires » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:15 pm

it will only pull in products that are enabled and have a description and products in categories where you have set the google base category.

Regards, WebDesires.
We are a team of developers in the UK - professional and friendly, message us or give us a call anytime and we will be happy to help.

Phone: +44 (0) 121 318 6336 - Web: webdesires.co.uk - Skype: WebDesires
OpenCart Support - OpenCart Web Development - Our OpenCart Plugins

Location - West Midlands, United Kingdom

Post by bhy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:02 pm

products in categories where you have set the google base category
Thank you, this is very interesting indeed. I don't think I've seen this mentioned ever before. We have some products that are in "Category > Subcategory" while only "Category" is mapped to a Google category. This is probably the reason why these don't appear in the feed. I guess that either the "Subcategory" has to be mapped to a Google category, or "Category" has to be added to the categories in product settings. I'll try it and let you know.

bhy

Post by bhy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:48 pm

It was really the reason, or at least one of them. We have some more issues with our products (Violation of Shopping ads policy) which we are now working out with google.

bhy