Post by ujjawal » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:03 pm

i have an open cart 1.5.6 installation and set the option "Yes" in admin to SEO friendly URLS. SEO urls are working fine but currently my seo urls for product are like this
www.mysite.com/new-product-name

but i want the url like
http://www.mysite.com/categoryname/subc ... -name.html

i also want the .html extension in all product names but not in category name what are the changes that required in my .htaccess file. category and subcategories are identified by ids.
Thanks

Post by butte » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:34 pm

There will be varied views of this, but I happen to prefer to view phantoms as unnecessary and counterproductive nonsense. Do you really want to invite massive surges in robotic queries and quests for phantom directories, consuming bandwidth while proliferating sessions and overtaxing memory and database resources, often to extent enough to alarm hosts into shutting websites down for repair? You fundamentally want robots to visit and catalog your stuff, and if they do that with minimal phantoms and without consuming bandwidth in pretentious pretending, you're ahead.

Guru Member

Post by cwswebdesign » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 pm

ujjawal wrote:i have an open cart 1.5.6 installation and set the option "Yes" in admin to SEO friendly URLS. SEO urls are working fine but currently my seo urls for product are like this
www.mysite.com/new-product-name

but i want the url like
http://www.mysite.com/categoryname/subc ... -name.html

i also want the .html extension in all product names but not in category name what are the changes that required in my .htaccess file. category and subcategories are identified by ids.
Thanks
By default, the URL should be showing categories and sub categories. It won't and it shouldn't show categories and sub categories for a Canonical URL. I would recommend not including the .html at the end of your URLs. If you insist on having them, you'll need an extension from the store for this.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by victorj » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:13 am

i also would not insist on having a .html in your urls at the end, but if yoou insist, make sure product is palced in coreect cattegrie or sub categorie and edit your product seo url field and just ad.html to end of name

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by Kanyin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:40 am

I'm not sure why you guys are arguing against the use of .html on products so much.

url.com/category/ & url.com/category/product.html is the best structure. This is shown in page sets using the Data Highlighter tool in webmaster tools. It shows you how the algorithm works for page recognition.

Post by cwswebdesign » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:09 am

When I look at sites like Apple and Dell, I don't see either consistently using it. Dell does but not for any of their actual product pages.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA