Post by andeeknits » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:48 pm

I thought I would try and upgrade from 1.5.6.4 to the latest version but got an error message saying that version 1.5. needed to be installed so I tried to restore the backup I had dutifully created before trying to upgrade but now am missing most of the sections under Extensions including Modules, Shipping, Payments, Order Totals and Product Feeds.

Can anybody help as I have tried several restores but to no avail ???

Post by artcore » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:32 am

You could ask your web host to restore a full backup of your account prior to the upgrade. The best way to upgrade in my opinion is to use a test copy of your shop. I did a write up for this a few days/weeks? :D ago which you can find by searching the forum.

Hope you get it sorted!

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by andeeknits » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:47 am

I am pleased to report that I now have my original version back in full working order.
I ended up doing a clean install of version 1.5.6.4 and then restored the backups I had made before trying the disasterous upgrade!
Anyway all is well and I have learned a valuable lesson!

Post by dmsims » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:34 am

Glad you got it back

The lack of a working upgrade script or PROPER INSTRUCTIONS is a disgrace

Post by Hannah00 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:01 pm

As I know, upgrade version is not supported to upgrade extension. Store owner can upgrade extension on marketplace if this extension is developed to be suitable for high version of opencart.

Opencart migration & upgrade tool

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:22 am

dmsims wrote:Glad you got it back

The lack of a working upgrade script or PROPER INSTRUCTIONS is a disgrace
I agree that the instructions are lacking but the upgrade script for v2.3.0.2 works just fine. Upgrading Extensions and Themes is always a separate process.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA