Post by businessboost@me.com » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:15 pm

HI there

I have read several posts indicating that this is not straight forward for some of us. .

Should the dropdown at the top be MAIL or SMTP ? if me.com settings are smtp.me.com

Should the SMTP server field be prefixed with https:// or ssl:// etc ?

Is there any other reason why Opencart says the email is sent, but the email does not arrive ?

Regards
PezDog

Post by loraluks » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Hello.. I've been facing the same issue. Browsed through the threads and whatever patch was mentioned looks like it was for older versions.

Tried testing out with SMTP option and smtp server to both mail.mydomain.com and also localhost (as someone suggested in a past thread) but none of it works. I'm presently checking with my webhost (hostmonster) to see if they know how to get this fixed.

Hoping someone would help sort this issue.

Post by fido-x » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:56 pm

If you want your OpenCart system to send emails, you either use the php MAIL function or you use SMTP.

If you are using the php MAIL function, just set the protocol to MAIL and leave the other fields blank.

If you intend using SMTP as your mail protocol, you need to set a few things, specifically SMTP Host, SMTP Username, SMTP Password and SMTP Port. By using SMTP as the protocol, you will be using your ISP provided host, username, password and port. In other words, you use the SAME settings you would using in your email client (Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook Express, etc).

For example:
  • SMTP Host: mail.yourisp.com
    SMTP Username: your isp username
    SMTP Password: your isp password
    SMTP Port: 25
If your ISP requires authentication to send or receive emails (usually this means they are also using a non-standard port), then your SMTP username is your ISP provided email address (the full email address, not just your username), and the SMTP port is the "non-standard" port specified by your ISP.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by loraluks » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Using just the "Mail" option hasn't helped much really. No emails are sent out when a user registers/places an order.

Strangely enough, only the contact form works.

Post by wizardhomefitness. » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:52 pm

I was having the same problem, I was getting no emails when new orders were placed or when a customer contacted me via the contact form.

All I needed to do was choose the Mail Protocol 'Mail' option and remove my email address from the Mail Parameters section, for some reason I thought I was meant to have it there and it clearly shouldn't have been!

Hope this helps.

Gym Equipment Online Store
http://www.wizardhomefitness.com.au
----------------------------------------------------
Fresh Kicks Online Sneaker & Clothing Store
http://www.freshkicks.com.au

Post by johnnet » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:31 pm

i've been using gmail as my smtp server, it was superb fast mail delivery. try use a free gmail email account to send.
thi is what i set:

Mail protocol: SMTP
SMTP server: ssl://smtp.gmail.com
Username: YourGmailUsername
Password: YourGmailPassword
Port: 465

Hope this help :D Merry Christmas Everyone & a Happy New Year :D

Post by onsisada » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:04 am

loraluks wrote:Using just the "Mail" option hasn't helped much really. No emails are sent out when a user registers/places an order.

Strangely enough, only the contact form works.
Hi loraluks, same with you....
Only contact form that really works with me. Im using v14.9.3 version.
When user place an order, they didn't receive any email. But as an admin I get the email with admin@mydomain.com.
I place other alerts email for me in alert email option with admin1@mydomain.com and myname@yahoo.com.
With mydomain.com email, I can get confirmation but not with yahoo,gmail or others email.

When I register as an user with example@mydomain.com email, I can get confirmation email.
But not with others email such us yahoo, gmail, hotmail.
I'm still looking solution for this problem.

Location - Batam