Post by Out2lunch » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 pm

We are running multiple shops within the same code, and have been asked by by the boss if some of the sites can have a Welcome page (think basic html page) before the shop loads.

I can do this with changing the directoryindex in the .htaccess, but then all the shops get routed to the welcome page.
We only want some of them to have a welcome page and some to go direct to the shop.

Can anyone help me on this....

Thanks

Post by labeshops » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 pm

add an index.html page in the root and it should load it first

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Out2lunch » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Yea have done that, but then all the shops get the welcome page, the problem is I dont want all the shops to see the welcome, only some.

Thanks though...

Post by labeshops » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Oh didn't see the some of the shops thing.

You could probably do redirects in your htaccess for the ones you don't want to display the html page?

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by SXGuy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 pm

what are the paths for each shop?

You could prob write a rule in htaccess to only show index.html depending on the root path.

Post by Out2lunch » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Unfortunately they are all running from the core directory, ie same codebase.

ATM the html page just sits int he way, (we could easily rename this to say welcome.html), then how would a redirect act?
Would this be a .htaccess redirect, as I tried this, but I couldn't get it to work. But then my coding skills are next to 0. So I could easily have got syntax incorrect.