Post by skimottaret » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi all, is it possible to globally rename text in a shop? For instance I sell services and would like to change all instances of "Product" to "Course".

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:32 am

Then, do it in the language files, wherever 'Product', (FIRST CHARACTER UPPER CASE- Search!)
or whatever you like to replace, is set as 'default' word. Scan all language files, for 'such' words, and replace 'em.
By use of a VqMod, every instance, where such a word exists, would have to be 'filtered' individually,
and that makes no sense! ;)
Ernie
bigmax.ch/shop/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by skimottaret » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:40 am

Thanks but I was hoping not to have to repeat the changes each time OpenCart upgrades. Would it be possible to do in OCMod ?

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:18 am

Sorry, if you really expect someone to create a Mod, to get this simple 1 Minute Job done. :-\
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by sculptex » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:45 am

Hi,

The capitalized word Product should be simple enough to search for because the variable names should not be Capitalized.

For the word product, its a whole different ball game, I think you may have to do manual mods for these and replace phrases rather than just the word to avoid changing variables. Alternatively use the vqmod index feature carefully.

I did something similar to change all instances of 'wish list' to 'favourites', using the latter method didn't take that long. I used searchmonkey linux app to find all instances and did the Capitalized and non-capitalized versions.

Of course the alternative is to modify the output engine and have it dynamically replaced there, but if you ever wanted to use the word product it would no doubt change that aswell!!

ImageImage

Location - UK