Post by vssoft » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi,

How can we show our email id on Contact Us page just like contact no. Is visible. I also want the little icon of email besides email address will be shown.

I have already entered email in the admin panel but it is not visible on contact page.

Thanks

Post by fido-x » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:49 pm

vssoft wrote:I have already entered email in the admin panel but it is not visible on contact page.
That's because the purpose of the contact page is to send the email to the address entered in the admin. It isn't necessary to display the email address. Personally, I wouldn't recommend having the email address visible to the general public, as it makes it easier to be "spammed".

However, if you really want this, you can add the following code to catalog/controller/information/contact.php (around line 102):

Code: Select all

// email contact
$data['text_email'] = $this->language->get('text_email');
$data['config_email'] = $this->config->get('config_email');
// end email contact
Insert the following into catalog/language/en-gb/information/contact.php:

$_['text_email'] = 'Email Address';
Then insert the following into catalog/view/theme/default/template/information/contact.tpl (below the address section around line 29):

<!-- email address -->
<strong><?php //echo $text_email; ?></strong><br />
<a href="mailto: <?php echo $config_email; ?>"><i class="fa fa-envelope-o"></i> <?php echo $config_email; ?></a>
<!-- end email address -->

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by vssoft » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:08 pm

Exactly what i want. Just change the syntax of 3rd setup for my customize theme :

<?php if ($config_email) { ?>
<p class="icon_holder"><a href="mailto: <?php echo $config_email; ?><i class="fa fa-envelope-o light_color"></i> <?php echo $config_email; ?></a><i class="fa fa-envelope-o light_color"></i></p>
<?php } ?>
One more point, I want to add Telephone filed in Contact US page. Please let me know the code for the same.

Thanks,
Vishal