Post by BCGMeds » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:57 am

Hello. I have been running my store for a few months now (Opencart Version 2.1.0.2) and never encountered any issues with New Order Alert Mail being sent to my email address or to my customers. However, I am no longer receiving a New Order Alert Mail and some of my customers aren't receiving an Order Confirmation email. This occurred quite abruptly and I made no changes to our system that would cause this. Can someone please help with this?

Post by sculptex » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:21 am

a) check your error logs
b) your hosting may have made an update that prevents spam emails and an opencart script may have been flagged as a false positive. You can check with your hosting or you could try changing the Mail settings to smtp in System > Settings > Mail

ImageImage

Location - UK

Post by BCGMeds » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Sculptex. My email is with Godaddy but my website is hosted on Bluehost, who should I contact to see if they may activated a spam filter?

Post by sculptex » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:59 am

Godaddy if you are using SMTP with their account details to send emails, otherwise it must be using php mail function so it would be bluehost.
Did you check logs?

ImageImage

Location - UK

Post by BCGMeds » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:58 pm

Thanks again. When you say logs do you mean error logs within OpenCart? If so I've checked and I'm not seeing anything that would indicate a problem.

Post by sculptex » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:19 pm

BCGMeds wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:58 pm
Thanks again. When you say logs do you mean error logs within OpenCart? If so I've checked and I'm not seeing anything that would indicate a problem.
Yes, thats what I meant.

ImageImage

Location - UK