Post by VanessaJones » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi,

I'm developing a new site using Opencart which leverages on an earlier prototype - but both using 2.3.0.2. I copied the old site over to a new development installation on a new domain and deleted old orders, users etc from the system. Thinking this would also clear the relevant tables in the database I was surprised to see a number of tables still with historical data - particularly order, payment and customer related. However, this was not being reflected in admin which showed "all clear". I backed-up and cautiously truncated tables where I knew the information was redundant.

Is this "normal" behaviour of Opencart please as it seems a bit odd? I thought some of the redundant data was related to add-on modules, but some of it is certainly associated with the core installation.

Any thoughts on this (and management of it) appreciated.

Thanks
V

Post by yodapt » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:55 pm

Why not start with a fresh copy and move all mods / extensions and themes over?

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by VanessaJones » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:08 am

Yes, certainly an option but this store had a lot of modules etc and seemed easier to replicate and then just delete the unwanted data. But there is a lot left in the database unexpectedly - what is that please?

Post by VanessaJones » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:11 am

Sorry I seem to have posted in Cloud Support - can a mod move this please? (2.3.0.2)

Thanks

Post by OpenCart_Support » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:58 pm

Moved over now :)

- OpenCart Community Cheerleader -

Administrator

Location - OpenCart UK Office