Post by timstudio » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:01 pm

On my site I do not have product reviews, but I do have over 2500 reviews on Kiyoh. At this moment I have the Kiyoh XML feed in my footer, but the stars are not shown by google. I guess the footer is not the right place.

Where should I put the xml feed for google to pick up the external reviews and show them on the organic search results?

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 pm

timstudio wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:01 pm
On my site I do not have product reviews, but I do have over 2500 reviews on Kiyoh. At this moment I have the Kiyoh XML feed in my footer, but the stars are not shown by google. I guess the footer is not the right place.

Where should I put the xml feed for google to pick up the external reviews and show them on the organic search results?
Contact the extension developer to resolved this issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by timstudio » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:15 pm

It's not an extension, its a code that needs to be put (somewhere) in an tpl file.

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:21 pm

According to this documentation: https://github.com/avot/kiyoh/blob/master/example.php , header.tpl file would be the right location rather than footer.tpl file. However, based on the provided codes from the documentation, it may look better from an extension module's perspective.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON