Post by noahapena » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:45 pm

Hello there,

I have a problem with my website. It is telling an error code, 500 error: www.apena-fit.nl is currently unable to handle this request.

All i did, was trying to add products in my category. Then i made a backup, and the same day i restored this backup. Then suddenly this happened.

It's like, i didn't change something in my files or touch it. I wasn't even in my FTP files. So that makes it weird.

I don't know how how this happened, really.

Currently i am not able to visit my website due to this error. Only to manage my FTP files. What can i do?

Please help me.

What i tried:
- It's not the .htaccess
- No error/logs found in my ftp.
- Config.php everywhere is good, no problems.
- Database is not the problem.
- Cloudflare is not the problem.

This is one of my hardest experiences in OpenCart. I am getting sick of the bugs of this source, really.
OpenCart has many bugs, just as last time i wanted to change from language but it went wrong and front-end was ruined so i had to reset my whole files.

Please help me finding out and looking for solutions about this error!

Kind regards,

Noah Apena

====
Deze pagina werkt nietapena-fit.nl kan dit verzoek momenteel niet verwerken.
HTTP ERROR 500
====

Post by wrick0 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:13 pm

check your webserver error logs there should be something there (not the opencart error logs)

Location - 127.0.0.1 @ The Netherlands

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by OSWorX » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:26 pm

And add this to you index.php:

Code: Select all

error_reporting( E_ALL );
ini_set( 'error_reporting', E_ALL );
ini_set( 'display_errors', 'On' );
With this simple lines you are enabling the error output which is usually disabled.

And: "all what you did was only . .and so on .."
Doing "only" is not enough.
When you do something, you should know what you are doing - before.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by noahapena » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:13 pm

Still no success. I still need help.
Anybody ?

Post by Burt65 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:39 am

noahapena wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:13 pm
Anybody ?
Have a read at this:

https://www.lifewire.com/500-internal-s ... ed-2622938

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by OSWorX » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:54 pm

noahapena wrote:
Anybody ?
Then simply post a request in the commercial forum: viewforum.php?f=88

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:01 pm

noahapena wrote:
Anybody ?
You could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:51 am

noahapena wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:45 pm
Hello there,

I have a problem with my website. It is telling an error code, 500 error: www.apena-fit.nl is currently unable to handle this request.

All i did, was trying to add products in my category. Then i made a backup, and the same day i restored this backup. Then suddenly this happened.

It's like, i didn't change something in my files or touch it. I wasn't even in my FTP files. So that makes it weird.

I don't know how how this happened, really.

Currently i am not able to visit my website due to this error. Only to manage my FTP files. What can i do?

Please help me.

What i tried:
- It's not the .htaccess
- No error/logs found in my ftp.
- Config.php everywhere is good, no problems.
- Database is not the problem.
- Cloudflare is not the problem.

This is one of my hardest experiences in OpenCart. I am getting sick of the bugs of this source, really.
OpenCart has many bugs, just as last time i wanted to change from language but it went wrong and front-end was ruined so i had to reset my whole files.

Please help me finding out and looking for solutions about this error!

Kind regards,

Noah Apena

====
Deze pagina werkt nietapena-fit.nl kan dit verzoek momenteel niet verwerken.
HTTP ERROR 500
====
Look in public_html/error_log or public_html/admin/error_log to see what the erros are there. As someone else mentioned, you can also turn on error display or reach out to your hosting company to have them look at the error logs and give you the reported error(s).

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by louisekimzey1 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:26 pm

Hi,
I have the same issue on my website seebiz.com I don't know what is the issue please help.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:01 pm

louisekimzey1 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:26 pm
Hi,
I have the same issue on my website seebiz.com I don't know what is the issue please help.
I don't see the error on your site and server 500 error is very vague.

Look in public_html/error_log or public_html/admin/error_log to see what the erros are there. As someone else mentioned, you can also turn on error display or reach out to your hosting company to have them look at the error logs and give you the reported error(s).

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Post by reekjohns » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:24 pm

The error is too generic and does not tell you exact problem. What you need is to find out what is the real issue. If your site is serving a Internal Server Error, this can be caused by a number of things, such as:

Server permission
Server timeout
Script timeout
Errors in .htaccess files
Exceeded PHP memory limit.
Or some other Web Server Issues

Normally, a permissions issue on the file (or files) would be one cause of the 500 the page isn't working. The simple solution is to run chmod 644 on the problem file(s) or chmod 755 on the directories.

$ sudo chmod -R 777 /"your files location"

The best way to debug the error depends upon the server and what’s actually running at the time. Consider some debugging tips to help diagnose and fix common causes of this problem.

Post by swiftws » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:39 am

no solution ?

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:46 am

This forum thread was from 1 1/2 years ago. If somebody else has problems with Internal Server error, please start a new forum thread. Or even better, do a forum search first, because this kind of question has been answered many times over. They all will tell you to look into the server's error log (not the same as the OpenCart error.log!) or to enable the display of errors to find out more.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by swiftws » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:25 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:46 am
This forum thread was from 1 1/2 years ago. If somebody else has problems with Internal Server error, please start a new forum thread. Or even better, do a forum search first, because this kind of question has been answered many times over. They all will tell you to look into the server's error log (not the same as the OpenCart error.log!) or to enable the display of errors to find out more.
Done the forum research before posting. Tried all the mentioned method above but got no sucess. Then as a final resort posted for a solution. yes thread is old but there are recent replies , users facing same issue.

Post by by mona » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:58 am

No OC version
No indication of what exactly you have tried
No web page posted
As is posted above Error 500 is a generic problem that states something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.
swiftws wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:39 am
no solution ?
There is no solution, there is a message to tell you that something has gone wrong with you web sites sever.
Have you contacted your host?
Have you checked all your error logs?

In lay persons terms - walk into a garage and say my car is broken - and you will understand that every post here offers you a way to FIND the problem.
Once you find the problem come back and let us know.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:27 pm

swiftws wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:25 am
JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:46 am
Done the forum research before posting. Tried all the mentioned method above but got no sucess. Then as a final resort posted for a solution. yes thread is old but there are recent replies , users facing same issue.
It's usually an extension issue or configuration issue that the server can not process. Have you checked all error logs through FTP or File Manager? What does your hosting provider say? Honestly, if they can't give you any answer, they probably shouldn't be hosting your website.