Post by AdieB » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:50 pm

During checkout, if a user is not registered and is given the option to register in the first step of the checkout process by the default code, on completion of registering, the code loads the payment_method, rather than loading the payment_address.
Is there a redirect setting that I can change to force the payment_address to load, so the user can complete this before continuing?
I have checked in controller/checkout/register.php, but cannot seem to find a redirect that if changed, makes any difference???

Post by thekrotek » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:56 pm

If you mean default checkout, then customer is not redirected anywhere. When customer is registered, page simply reloaded and Payment Address step is expanded. Not sure why in your case Payment Method step is expanded, but considering that the customer can expand any previous step anytime, this isn't a problem at all.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by AdieB » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:09 pm

@thekrotek - my site is customised, I have added extra fields in the payment_address, but the rest of the checkout process is pretty much standard. For some reason after registering, payment_method expands and not payment_address.
If the user is registered and only logs in, the payment_address correctly expands.
It is a problem, because if the user continues with checkout without returning to the payment_address, order completes without any address info.

Post by kestas » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:19 pm

AdieB wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:09 pm
@thekrotek - my site is customised, I have added extra fields in the payment_address, but the rest of the checkout process is pretty much standard. For some reason after registering, payment_method expands and not payment_address.
If the user is registered and only logs in, the payment_address correctly expands.
It is a problem, because if the user continues with checkout without returning to the payment_address, order completes without any address info.
So, you should ask this guy which customized your site to correct this issue. Because nobody knows what been changed there.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by AdieB » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:26 pm

I'm that guy ;)

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:02 pm

AdieB wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:26 pm
I'm that guy ;)
Oh dear, then you should probably pay a developer to fix this.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by AdieB » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:54 pm

dick comment

Post by kestas » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:05 pm

Because it is a very individual matter, it is very difficult to advise something. You have edited by yourself so you should solve your problem by yourself, or place your code here what you have edited... Maybe someone will help.

So @paulfeakins give simple suggetion, if you can't solve your problem by yourself...

You want to make money using free OC, developers also want to make money... This is nothing personal just a business...
So your comment:
AdieB wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:54 pm
dick comment
looks obscene...

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by AdieB » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:15 pm

@kestas - there is a section for "paid for" work in this forum. People wanting to employ somebody look in this section.
The other sections of this forum are intended for the rest of the community. For somebody to insult a question asked by assuming the person asking it is not a developer is presumptuous. I have designed a completely customised site and am now debugging a few issues. I post occasionally in the hope that another forum contact may have encountered the problem and is prepared to offer guidance. I certainly do not expect anyone to right my code for me. You are also being presumptuous in this regard. If admin finds my comment disturbing, then let them decide my fate, I stand by my comment. It is not the first time I have warded off this chap. Anyone interested in looking at my customised work in progress it is at
www.ic-express.co.za/newice
- is not live and is a beta site.

Post by kestas » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:01 pm

AdieB wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:15 pm
@kestas - there is a section for "paid for" work in this forum. People wanting to employ somebody look in this section.
The other sections of this forum are intended for the rest of the community. For somebody to insult a question asked by assuming the person asking it is not a developer is presumptuous. I have designed a completely customised site and am now debugging a few issues. I post occasionally in the hope that another forum contact may have encountered the problem and is prepared to offer guidance. I certainly do not expect anyone to right my code for me. You are also being presumptuous in this regard. If admin finds my comment disturbing, then let them decide my fate, I stand by my comment. It is not the first time I have warded off this chap. Anyone interested in looking at my customised work in progress it is at
www.ic-express.co.za/newice
- is not live and is a beta site.
;D I think I'm not presumptuous but maybe you know better... I just asked to be more delicate in the comments ;)
And as I told in previous post always need more info if you want to get some help... especially when you have modified by yourself...
Now I see the link which let to check something and maybe someone take a look and will help.
Just simple forum rules... ;)

Post by AdieB » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:18 pm

Following on from this, after some testing, it is standard and default for v2.3.0.2 to expand payment_method after registering.
I tested this on a default site. - so it is not a customisation issue.
Do anyone know the line/s of code to change this default setting to make it rather expand payment_address after registering through the checkout process please?
Any useful input appreciated. ;) ;) ;)