Post by Maxidays » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:22 pm

Hello, my opencart Version is 2.1
I had installed from backup my new website on new domain.

On frontend its OK

But on backend office I get this error :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 208359648 bytes) in /htdocs/system/storage/modification/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 795

How to fix this ?

is it error from the Hosting ?

Thanks for your help

Michel

Post by sw!tch » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:24 pm

You may need to increase your PHP memory_limit. It should be located in your store directory in a file called php.ini or user.ini. If you are unable to locate it contact your web host for assistance.

If you have increased it and continue to get the error it could be from a poorly written script or too little server resources.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:24 pm

Maxidays wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:22 pm
is it error from the Hosting ?
They should be able to help.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:58 pm

9 times out of 10, it's a poorly written extension that is causing excessive memory usage. Increasing the memory limit of the server isn't usually the answer. Try disabling your extensions that are not a part of the core Opencart bundle and then add additional extensions back, 1 by 1 until you find the culprit. Then you can contact the extension developer to get a fix for it.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:39 pm

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:58 pm
9 times out of 10, it's a poorly written extension that is causing excessive memory usage. Increasing the memory limit of the server isn't usually the answer.
In my experience it usually is the answer, especially when it's caused by not enough memory to compress large images.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:40 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:39 pm
EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:58 pm
9 times out of 10, it's a poorly written extension that is causing excessive memory usage. Increasing the memory limit of the server isn't usually the answer.
In my experience it usually is the answer, especially when it's caused by not enough memory to compress large images.
I don't think in this case that any of us can tell that the error is generating from trying to compress images which I why my guess is still a poorly written script:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 208359648 bytes) in /htdocs/system/storage/modification/admin/controller/extension/modification.php

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA