Post by elpidios » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:31 am

Hi
I would like to know if is possible through multistore to have different domains and have same session or same domain checkout
domain1.com
domain2.com -- to checkout the domain1.com
domain3.com -- to checkout the domain1.com

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:09 am

elpidios wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:31 am
Hi
I would like to know if is possible through multistore to have different domains and have same session or same domain checkout
domain1.com
I don't think this has ever been fully implemented unless there's an extension I'm unaware of.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:43 am

elpidios wrote:
Hi
domain1.com
I don't see an advantage. Multi-store uses the same checkout modules, payment, shipping, etc.
What would you gain by trying to do what you are asking about?
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:12 pm

I've seen other topics about this, search the forum before posting.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by elpidios » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 pm

Cue4cheap wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:43 am
elpidios wrote:
Hi
domain1.com
I don't see an advantage. Multi-store uses the same checkout modules, payment, shipping, etc.
Mike
The advantage on this is because my payment provider charge yearly per domain and not per account. with that way I will pay only for one single domain. My online strategy is to creating multiple pages and I have already 5 domains, so you understand that the fees for the payment provider will be high. With that way if they checkout in one store then, the advantage is to save a lot of yearly fees.

I know i got the choice for change payment provider but I don't want for many reasons. The only negative is this one

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:33 am

elpidios wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 pm
Cue4cheap wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:43 am
elpidios wrote:
Hi
domain1.com
Mike
The advantage on this is because my payment provider charge yearly per domain and not per account. with that way I will pay only for one single domain. My online strategy is to creating multiple pages and I have already 5 domains, so you understand that the fees for the payment provider will be high. With that way if they checkout in one store then, the advantage is to save a lot of yearly fees.

I know i got the choice for change payment provider but I don't want for many reasons. The only negative is this one
That would not provide such advantage either since payment service providers tracks by domain IP as well which means each merchant's API account must be linked to a single domain. For instance, for this idea to work as described above, PayPal or other payment platforms would need to provide their services with multiple domain names for the same API account which is definitely not the case, still, at this time. On the other way around, using multiple API accounts on a single domain name does not globally exist either due to billing and security issues that these features may cause with POS.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON