Post by srdjank » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:18 pm

Hello,

I'm running OpenCart 2.3.0.2 and get the following error message at the top of the page when clicking on Shipping List for any order:

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home1/*****/public_html/admin-chorus/controller/sale/order.php on line 1975 (user folder starred out for privacy)

On some orders, the message repeats 3-4 times. On others, it just appears once.

Looking into the code, on line 1975 is:

'{zone}',

Out of:

$find = array(

'{firstname}',

'{lastname}',

'{company}',

'{address_1}',

'{address_2}',

'{city}',

'{postcode}',

'{zone}',

'{zone_code}',

'{country}'

);

So I'm wondering why "zone" is expecting a numeric value? Shouldn't it be alphabetic? Or how do I fix it so the error message no longer appears?

Thanks in advance!

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:06 pm

I believe this issue was addressed before as it was already fixed on more recent OC versions.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by srdjank » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:33 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. So is the only solution to upgrade the installation, or is there an easier fix? Just asking because there are quite a few extensions and themes installed.

Thanks for your help!

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:42 pm

The quickest way would be to compare the same file controller with the maintenance branch: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... /order.php or with a recent OC version.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:28 pm

srdjank wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:33 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. So is the only solution to upgrade the installation, or is there an easier fix? Just asking because there are quite a few extensions and themes installed.

Thanks for your help!
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/8223/files

Try changing

Code: Select all

$option_weight = '';
to

Code: Select all

$option_weight = 0;

If you are seeing the error on a page and not just in your logs then you also need make sure display errors is switch off (in all three places).

www.add-creative.co.uk

Location - United Kingdom