Post by amitile1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:41 pm

So here is a problem which might be simplest to solve but had no luck so far. My checkout page in the website front end has all the cart values displayed correctly i.e. Product Price /subtotal / Shipping / Final Total, however the order confirmation email only sends out the first row (Product price) while the whole $total part (Subtotal/Shipping/Total) is missing in the mail format. Even in the admin section, while that order invoice is opened, it asks to select the shipping and payment method in the 'Totals' tab and after pressing the 'Apply' button only then it generates the complete invoice with all totals in place. FYI There is only one shipping and payment method that i have enabled so the customer does not have to select any however the backend is asking to select inspite of only one. Is there a way when an order is placed on the website, that a regular opencart invoice format be automatically created/mailed will all details in place without the extra work each time in the admin? Does this require any coding tweak?
P.S.
1. Using standard order mail format in the catalog/view/default/template/mail/order
2. Totals/ Shipping method/ Payments extension are all enabled.

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:20 pm

OC version.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by amitile1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:57 pm

Sorry about that.....OC Version is 2.3.0.2

Post by OSWorX » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:54 pm

amitile1 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:57 pm
OC Version is 2.3.0.2
Okay - next time start in the correct forum, thx.
And give us more informations, like:
1. any extra modifications installled
2. usage of VQMod
3. any other modifications (e.g. hard coded)
4. used template (even you say you use the default folder, I know Themes overriding that folder with their own crap)
5. php-Version
6. Mail-Settings
7. Server Settings (e.g. used panel)

About your "wish"
.. invoice be automatically created/mailed ..
For such you need an Extension, either from the OpenCart Market or contact me (having one which creates also a non changeable PDF).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by amitile1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:19 pm

Ok thanks for the revert. Answering one by one -

a. I am not able to go deep in to the hardcoded modifications as it was done by a developer long back so I am on a limited capacity to dig in. However here is the list of the modification page -

1. (vqmod/xml/_seo_mega_pack_titles_generator.xml) Enabled 27/03/2021
2. Bugfixes for ControllerUserUserPermission
(vqmod/xml/bugfixes-user-permission.xml) mhccorp.com 2.x-1.0 Enabled 27/03/2021
3. Calculate option value once koku 1.0 Disabled 30/03/2017
4. Cart Module
(vqmod/xml/cart_module.xml) Frank - francesco1279@gmail.com - Leverod.com 2.1.1 Enabled 27/03/2021
5. Customer Print Invoice E-Intelligence 2.3.x Disabled 16/04/2021
6. Export/Import Tool (V3.11) for OpenCart 2.x mhccorp.com 2.x-3.11 Enabled 20/04/2017
7. Mega Filter PRO
(vqmod/xml/mega_filter.xml) 1.5.x Enabled 31/03/2021
8. SEO Mega KIT
(vqmod/xml/_seo_mega_pack.xml) marsilea15@gmail.com 2.0.0.0 Enabled 27/03/2021
9. to 15. SEO Mega Kit related modifications
-----------------------------------

b. About the VQMOD. Yes it is installed.
c. PHP version is 7.4.
d. Mail Protocol - Mail; Parameters (Usual settings) SMTP Port - 25; Alert mail - Checked on 'Orders'
e. Attaching the mail/order template
f. Couldnt understand the server settings that you asked. Its a shared server (Multi domain linux hosting).

Thank you once again for the revert and do let know if any more info required.

Post by OSWorX » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:49 am

A (fast) view at your installed Extensions (know almost all of them) let me assume, that one or more of them is/are the "evil".
To verify my assumption, did you ever tried a plain OpenCart Installation on the same server?
To do so (if oyu have no 2nd instance), simply create a subfolder, get the official OpenCart Package from here: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... load_id=47
Install it in a new fresh plain database (don't use the already existing tables!).

When done, simply configure your Mail settings as you have in your live shop.
And see what happens and if everythign went okay - what I guess.
And then you can go forward, and install one after one your Extensions - and try to make always a order between and watch the result.
That's really the only way to find what's causing that bug.

What you could try before starting that action, is to clear the complete VQMod-Cache - simply delete all files inside the cache folder.
And rebuild the cache new the way you are calling the shop and make a order.
Maybe something went wrong.
If that does not solve your issue, you have to go the "hard" way as described above.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by amitile1 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:35 pm

Thanks for the suggestions...here is what i tried but with no luck...

1. Cleared the vqmod cache...did not help
2. Disabled all extensions except the 'order totals' and placed an order...did not work so finally went the hard way
3. Tried a fresh opencart installation in a subfolder as suggested by you however got stuck at the mcrypt extension requirement which i think the linux server doesnt have and as i read that version php 7.4 has already deprecated it....So couldnt find a way to install it...Looks like a new issue here...

Let me know your thoughts...

Post by OSWorX » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:44 pm

Simply get this package here from my site:
https://osworx.net/Fehlerbehebung/OpenC ... -w-openSSL

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by amitile1 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:27 pm

OK managed to install this version in the subfolder....Placed a dummy order from there and the mail comes 'complete' as required will full total details in it...
Now comparing the extensions in both the admins, the ones that are setting them apart are mainly two of them i.e SEO Mega plus kit and Mega filter pro...Both are paid extensions so not possible to buy again just for a test...Although I did disable both of them earlier and tried the create a demo order which still remained incomplete totals wise....Also cant say if any of the standard payment extensions would hamper it........Not sure if it is an extension issue all together....Could be a code tweak from the developer which I am unable to trace....You can guide well here....If you want I can share the store url by pm....

Post by OSWorX » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:07 pm

You can install any extension a second time, especially if on the same domain.
Nobody can forbid this.
Therefore when the plain installation worked, I would try to go further and install the needed extensions (one after one with tests between each installation).
After that, you should know which Extension is the "evil" > either call that developer for a bugfix or hire a professional todo it for you (if you are not able by yourself).

p.s.: disabling an Extension does not always mean that is it really disabled!

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by amitile1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:48 pm

I think it would be best if I passed it to a developer as cant get my head around this....One thing I noticed though is that the shipping estimate extension was disabled in the main site and the shipping/total values are being arrived at through separate route from the product page in the main site....So If I tried enabling the shipping estimate on the cart page, it gives a syntax error probably due to a conflict i guess....I believe that is the core problem and will have it looked in to.....Thank you so much for your detailed help anyway....Appreciated...Just in case if you want to add anything to the shipping estimate comment then please feel free to to do so....

Post by OSWorX » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:49 pm

amitile1 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:48 pm
I think it would be best if I passed it to a developer as cant get my head around this....
Doubts me also ..
amitile1 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:48 pm
Just in case if you want to add anything to the shipping estimate comment then please feel free to to do so....
Not really, better to hire a professional and leave the work up to him ..
Because such troubles you have/had, we and our clients never had in 10 years - sorry.

Guru Member

Location - Austria