Post by nbrofree » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:34 am

I want an extra field in the order_product table on OC 2.3.0.2 so:
in the file "catalog/model/checkout/order.php"
I changed the insert query of "function addOrder($data)" to (added , test_column='foo'):

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO " . DB_PREFIX . "order_product SET order_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "', product_id = '" . (int)$product['product_id'] . "', name = '" . $this->db->escape($product['name']) . "', model = '" . $this->db->escape($product['model']) . "', quantity = '" . (int)$product['quantity'] . "', price = '" . (float)$product['price'] . "', total = '" . (float)$product['total'] . "', tax = '" . (float)$product['tax'] . "', reward = '" . (int)$product['reward'] . "', test_column='foo'
However the "test_column" in any new order is still empty in the table.

Of course I triple checked for the same name and variables, created the "test_column" as text type (just for now), cleared cache and I can see that in the "vqcache" folder the file "vq2-system_storage_modification_catalog_model_checkout_order.php" has taken the above change. Also tried both with a vqmod and simply editing the core file with no result.

What am I missing?
Last edited by nbrofree on Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:08 am

nbrofree wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:34 am
I want an extra field in the order_product table so:
in the file "catalog/model/checkout/order.php"
I changed the insert query of "function addOrder($data)" to (added , test_column='foo'):

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO " . DB_PREFIX . "order_product SET order_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "', product_id = '" . (int)$product['product_id'] . "', name = '" . $this->db->escape($product['name']) . "', model = '" . $this->db->escape($product['model']) . "', quantity = '" . (int)$product['quantity'] . "', price = '" . (float)$product['price'] . "', total = '" . (float)$product['total'] . "', tax = '" . (float)$product['tax'] . "', reward = '" . (int)$product['reward'] . "', test_column='foo'
However the "test_column" in any new order is still empty in the table.

Of course I triple checked for the same name and variables, created the "test_column" as text type (just for now), cleared cache and I can see that in the "vqcache" folder the file "vq2-system_storage_modification_catalog_model_checkout_order.php" has taken the above change. Also tried both with a vqmod and simply editing the core file with no result.

What am I missing?
OC version.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by cmsroom » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:48 am

Please share your opencart version.

You may like these extension : - https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... r=cmsrooms

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Redundancy.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nbrofree » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:52 pm

Ah. You are right. Opencart version 2.3.0.2.

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:55 pm

nbrofree wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:52 pm
Ah. You are right. Opencart version 2.3.0.2.
By creating an Event, this can be accomplished already. See documentation: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/wiki/Events-System

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nbrofree » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:26 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:55 pm
By creating an Event, this can be accomplished already. See documentation: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/wiki/Events-System
An event action will trigger before or after the function addOrder(). I want it during/in the function. Should I be doing it with the event for any reason?
Moreover this is somewhat illogical in my head that it is not working with a simple column set in the sql.

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:52 am

nbrofree wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:26 pm
straightlight wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:55 pm
An event action will trigger before or after the function addOrder(). I want it during/in the function. Should I be doing it with the event for any reason?
Moreover this is somewhat illogical in my head that it is not working with a simple column set in the sql.
The created order ID can be captured with the $args[0] or $output by using an /after event which means the test field can still be updated right afterwards and before the original model method can exit its statement.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:38 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:08 am
OC version.
Not a question.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:39 pm

nbrofree wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:26 pm
You shouldn't be modifying core files directly.

So I would suggest you use an OCMOD or vQmod instead once you've got your change working.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by nbrofree » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:36 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:39 pm

So I would suggest you use an OCMOD or vQmod instead once you've got your change working.
I know and I did make a vQmod but it did not work, so I made a backup and modified the core file directly for sanity's shake. In both cases I saw the vQcache file change but not working.
I am currently working with an event (learning mostly).

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:49 pm

nbrofree wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:36 pm
paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:39 pm

I know and I did make a vQmod but it did not work, so I made a backup and modified the core file directly for sanity's shake. In both cases I saw the vQcache file change but not working.
I am currently working with an event (learning mostly).
Events are the right direction.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON