Post by arun_wirebox » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:43 pm

We're maintaining an OpenCart 2.3.0.2 site for a client, and I see that on lines 89 - 90 of vqmod/@@vqcache/vq2-system_startup.php, 89 - 90 of vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_startup.php, and 89 - 90 of system/startup.php, it is pointing to the wrong path for vendor/autoload.php. Am I OK to change this in either of the vqmod files, and what is the difference between @@vqcache and vqcache?

Really just want to know if I am OK to edit these files (presume both vqmod files mentioned are overriding system/startup.php), and what the differences between @@vqcache and vqcache are.

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:58 pm

I don't know if you can, but you are allowed to edit .. O0
But maybe you have an old version of VQMod?

And to be honest: never seen before a folder like @@vqcache (and I am working with OC since more than 10 years).
The correct one is vqcache - but nothing in there to edit!
Because all files inside the vqcache folder are already manipulated files - so when you edit any file, edit the original .php or .xml

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:39 pm

arun_wirebox wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:43 pm
We're maintaining an OpenCart 2.3.0.2 site for a client, and I see that on lines 89 - 90 of vqmod/@@vqcache/vq2-system_startup.php, 89 - 90 of vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_startup.php, and 89 - 90 of system/startup.php, it is pointing to the wrong path for vendor/autoload.php. Am I OK to change this in either of the vqmod files, and what is the difference between @@vqcache and vqcache?

Really just want to know if I am OK to edit these files (presume both vqmod files mentioned are overriding system/startup.php), and what the differences between @@vqcache and vqcache are.
"@@vqcache" is not part of a standard install so some previous developer must have added @@ to the beginning to refresh the cache.

Do not change files in vqcache, they will be overwritten. Instead change the relevant xml file in the xml folder.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:03 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:39 pm
"@@vqcache" is not part of a standard install so some previous developer must have added @@ to the beginning to refresh the cache.

Do not change files in vqcache, they will be overwritten. Instead change the relevant xml file in the xml folder.
Guess you want to increase only your post counter, answer already given before.
No need to repeat everything.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria