Post by brian47374 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:06 am

My OC site is running slow. I don’t really have all that much as far as data on it, but the host company optimized the database. They said that I need to have a web developer take a look at the scripts and update and optimize them IN THE cPanel tool “File Manager”. Why would they become outdated when I haven’t done any server upgrades in the past year? How do they know that they are outdated?

I would update to a newer version of OC… but there’s an extension that I cannot find that is compatible with newer versions.

I am running OC 2.3.0.2

Here is what I am running on my server

Currently Installed Packages 5 Recommendations
Contains Apache 2.4, PHP 5.4, PHP 5.5, PHP 5.6, PHP 7.1, PHP 7.2, and PHP 7.3

Recommendations for “PHP 5.4”: EOL Version *
This version has reached EOL. Learn More
• We strongly recommend that you use a version that is still supported upstream.
• If you do continue to use it, you will be susceptible to any remaining bugs or security issues.
*These recommendations appear because you have “ea-php54” installed on your system.
• If you do continue to use it, you will be susceptible to any remaining bugs or security issues.
*These recommendations appear because you have “ea-php55” installed on your system.
*These recommendations appear because you have “ea-php56” installed on your system.
*These recommendations appear because you have “ea-php71” installed on your system.
*These recommendations appear because you have “ea-php72” installed on your system.

Thanks in advance!

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:10 pm

brian47374 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:06 am
My OC site is running slow. I don’t really have all that much as far as data on it, but the host company optimized the database. They said that I need to have a web developer take a look at the scripts and update and optimize them IN THE cPanel tool “File Manager”. Why would they become outdated when I haven’t done any server upgrades in the past year? How do they know that they are outdated?

I would update to a newer version of OC… but there’s an extension that I cannot find that is compatible with newer versions.

I am running OC 2.3.0.2

Here is what I am running on my server

Currently Installed Packages 5 Recommendations
Contains Apache 2.4, PHP 5.4, PHP 5.5, PHP 5.6, PHP 7.1, PHP 7.2, and PHP 7.3

Recommendations for “PHP 5.4”: EOL Version *
This version has reached EOL. Learn More
• We strongly recommend that you use a version that is still supported upstream.
*These recommendations appear because you have “ea-php54” installed on your system.
*These recommendations appear because you have “ea-php55” installed on your system.
*These recommendations appear because you have “ea-php56” installed on your system.
*These recommendations appear because you have “ea-php71” installed on your system.
*These recommendations appear because you have “ea-php72” installed on your system.

Thanks in advance!
I know you won't like to hear this and it can get expensive. Less expensive than a hacked site that's offline though. A developer should be able to help you upgrade your extensions that don't have new compatible versions with Opencart 3.0.3.8 or whichever version you choose. I can't stress the importance of security and keeping everything to date, enough. Seeing hacks on a daily basis to outdated websites is very eye opening.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:59 pm

brian47374 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:06 am
My OC site is running slow.
https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/how-to-s ... ed-issues/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:21 pm

How many extensions are you using?
Or how many modifications were made on the site?

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:29 pm

I am running OC 2.3.0.2
Really, in order to help you, we need some more details than that.

What's in you server's error log? Does the access log show heavy traffic from e.g. a bruteforce attacker? Have you installed extensions? VQmod or OCmod based modifications? What's you web theme? What's your website URL?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member