Post by pogo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi there,
I have got a problem in the checkout page. I got the OC 2.3.0.2
After I logged on the onepage checkout and clicked on Continue on Billing Address, there was a pop box with Error message (a print version of the whole page in HTML). When I checked the network transfer, I could see 404 error on querying http://xxxxxxx.co.uk/index.php?route=ch ... try_id=222 but right after this failed, another query launched and it returned the right result. I have attached a screen shot.
I also have a dev enironment and the test website on the dev server has no above problem what so ever. I can't see what the difference for those two servers.

And this issue seems running across a number of my VPSs on a number of OC websites including 1.5.x as well

Further more, it seems that not just checkout page has the issue, some of the admin function, like editing an order, this issue happens as well. Very frustrated and couldn't find any reason for that.

At one time the ajax call failed and when press button to launch ajax request again, sometimes it goes through fine and sometimes it keeps throughint 404 errors.

Does anyone have the same issue like me?

Thanks

Attachments

issue.jpg

issue.jpg (112.15 KiB) Viewed 2831 times

111.jpg

111.jpg (4.47 KiB) Viewed 2831 times

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 am

The provided screenshot doesn't really help to understand the source of the problem. Since you are querying an AJAX request, use the developers kit from your browser by hitting the F12 function on your keyboard. When launching the request, see the console tab noticing if new error messages will appear. Also check your error / access logs.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by pogo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:42 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 am
The provided screenshot doesn't really help to understand the source of the problem. Since you are querying an AJAX request, use the developers kit from your browser by hitting the F12 function on your keyboard. When launching the request, see the console tab noticing if new error messages will appear. Also check your error / access logs.
Thank you for your kindly reply.
I have taken the screenshot by using the console of chrome. I have temporarily commented out the "alert()" function in the code to prevent the error box from showing up again. But the ajax not found issue is still there. Sometimes with a page refresh action, would make the page go through without any issue.
I can share the website info with you to see if you can replicate the same issue. But I don't feel comfortable to share my clients' info in the public. Is there a way for me to send you the info in private?
Thanks.
P

Post by seenivasen » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:57 am

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve this issue?
I have the same issue.

Regards
Seeni Govender