Post by sunstonejapan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:46 am

Opencart version 3.0.2.0
I have a problem with the currency code not being transmitted to Braintree properly.
The currency on my website is set to JPY, and my records on Opencart show the transaction in JPY, but Braintree received the transaction amount in USD (confirmed on the phone), without applying the conversion that was set in the localisation settings. This resulted in a 20,000 JPY (= about 190 USD) transmitting to Braintree as $19,000 USD!
Everything works as expected when processing transactions in JPY using PayPal Express.
Braintree confirmed that, since I only have a USD merchant account, any transactions in foreign currency should convert to USD, provided the proper currency code is received.

Is this a known issue with the out-of-box BrainTree payment gateway?

Post by rjcalifornia » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:54 am

sunstonejapan wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:46 am
Opencart version 3.0.2.0
I have a problem with the currency code not being transmitted to Braintree properly.
The currency on my website is set to JPY, and my records on Opencart show the transaction in JPY, but Braintree received the transaction amount in USD (confirmed on the phone), without applying the conversion that was set in the localisation settings. This resulted in a 20,000 JPY (= about 190 USD) transmitting to Braintree as $19,000 USD!
Everything works as expected when processing transactions in JPY using PayPal Express.
Braintree confirmed that, since I only have a USD merchant account, any transactions in foreign currency should convert to USD, provided the proper currency code is received.

Is this a known issue with the out-of-box BrainTree payment gateway?
In this case I don't think it is OpenCart, and I suggest to contact the BrainTree payment gateway.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:01 am

See this topic about Braintree: viewtopic.php?f=198&t=216222&p=777962#p777818

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON