Post by niroc » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 am

Since yesterday PayPal Standard extension has stopped working after years of being reliable. We go through the checkout fine, then PayPal throws up a message "Things don't seem to be working at the moment. Please try again later." The URL looks like this

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shopping ... re_numbers

I have found a bit of discussion of this error in the forums but no solutions. I would really appreciate help with this, please. I'm using OC 3.0.3.6, default theme, with the Category and Product-Based Shipping extension from Clear Thinking.

I have also tried setting up PayPal Express as an alternative but Paypal Configure Live just takes me to a Page Not Found on my own site instead of to Paypal.

Post by sw!tch » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:54 am

niroc wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 am
after years of being reliable.
OC 3.0.3.6, hasn't been out for years. Did you check for extra spaces in the form output? I would double check the form output see if anything sticks out.

Also state your PHP version.

Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!
Full Stack Web Developer :: Contact via PM for custom work.

Location - USA

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:26 am

Check in your console if you are seeing any other error.

Are you using any extension to create pdf invoice or anything coupons etc which involves in checkout process?
I encounter same error before but it was happening due to a different extension which was creating pdf of invoice. Upon fixing that issue the error for paypal went away.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by niroc » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:48 am

Panic over. Thank you to all who replied. As my humble contribution to the corpus of knowledge, here's what it was. The text of a new option I had created exceeded 64 characters. I never knew this limit existed or that it would affect PayPal, but there you go. Lesson learned.

Post by by mona » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:01 am

niroc wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:48 am
Panic over. Thank you to all who replied. As my humble contribution to the corpus of knowledge, here's what it was. The text of a new option I had created exceeded 64 characters. I never knew this limit existed or that it would affect PayPal, but there you go. Lesson learned.
:clap:

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Spinning Social : Links : Menus : Payments : Socials : Ads : Screen Backgrounds : Galleries : Headers : Banners : Promos