Post by mobar » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi,

I'm new to OpenCart and are evaluating it for a company store where we will sell digital and none digital products (physical). We are in the business of solar home systems and the systems (200W, 300W, etc) are sold as Pay-as-you-go model. So a customer pays a downpayment and then needs to come back and make additional (mostly monthly payments). So basically I have 1 Month for 200W, 2 Months for 200W, and 1 Month for 300W, 2 Months for 300W. I understand we can implement it as a single product for each model (200W/300W) and then have a product option for the length (1 Month, 2 Month) or a single product with two product fields - model and period and based on a combination the correct rate will be presented.

Here is the challenge: The customer, in most cases, does not know what model he has but he can provide a system ID which we can validate and then translate to the model (200W, 300W)

Is there a way to add a custom field that we can validate (using a REST api call to a 3rd party system) and then provide the value (e.g. model) so the rate will be reflected? Or maybe create a custom page with the customer entering the system ID and then redirecting him to the correct page.

Any other solution/concept I missed?

Moshe

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:55 am

Yes, you missed to publish this extensive 'task' in the commercial Forum Section,
here, you most likely won't find, what you're possibly expecting, after all, it's a
quite 'heavy' Mod you're looking for ... ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by mobar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:45 pm

I wouldn't know if its a big task or a small task as I'm newbie :-D

I thought it make sense that a commerce platform have a way to offer a certain set of products based on a 3rd party lookup (e.g. accessories that fit your system etc.)

Post by grgr » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:43 pm

I going to agree that you will need to ask for commercial assitance with that.

But I am intrigued:
What happens if the customer does not pay?
Why don't you use a recurring payments system?
If these are physical things in a customer home (?) then why don't you just stick a whacking great sticker on it that says 300W?

Don't mind me, I'm just being nosey!

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by mobar » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Thank you for the advise. I will post in the commercial section

To satisfy your curiosity, some answers:
1. If they don't pay, we send a technician to uninstall the system
2. We have legacy systems which are deployed, so sticking on them could be challenging :-) also, one of the use cases is someone else is paying for the system (remittance)
Moshe