Post by wychegnome » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:12 am

Version 3.0.3.2.
Royal Mail has three world zones in its charging structure. However, the shipping module supplied with the system only recognises two of them: World 1 and World 2.
In Localisation > Geo Zones I have been able to add a third zone (World 3) and added the relevant country (United States) to the zone.
In Extensions > Extensions > Shipping > Royal Mail there doesn't seem to be any option to add World 3 (or indeed any additional option) to the choice of rates available for the various International entries of Europe, World 1 and World 2.
How (or where) in the system can I add the additional zone so that I can set rates for it and have it correctly recognised as an option for customers with USA postal addresses?
If there is no ready means of adding this in, I would appreciate advice on what modules need to change to have the system recognise the World 3 band and add the correct postage at checkout.
Thanks, John

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:41 am

See more results on the Marketplace: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... yal%20mail . Also take note that Royal mail is no longer maintained in the core.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by wychegnome » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:40 am

There doesn't seem to be any suitable item in the Marketplace to meet this requirement.

Why is the Royal Mail module no longer maintained. It is a key shipping option in the UK.

Post by straightlight » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:52 am

wychegnome wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:40 am
There doesn't seem to be any suitable item in the Marketplace to meet this requirement.

Why is the Royal Mail module no longer maintained. It is a key shipping option in the UK.
It's a specific key to what a store owner might need to use, but is not an essential key for all store owners since it used to be an extension installed in the core before. Daniel stopped to maintained them from the core since he felt it was too much maintenance / change involved - as described on Github Opencart. Which is why, these extensions can be downloaded from the Marketplace.

However, if none of these extensions suits your requirements, you can always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, contact each extension developers from the Marketplace where Royal Mail extensions are being published, contact an Opencart partner by using the Resources link at the top of the site, or contact me directly to have the possible features for Royal Mail as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:18 am

If you need just 3 flat rate shipping options, 1 for each geozone there is an easy way to do it not using the specific royal mail module. But you can add royal mail text etc to your postage option.

If you NEED to specifically use the royal mail module then I can't help with that.
Straightlight may raise an eyebrow as we just discussed a similar topic.

Location - Wales

Post by cedcommerceteam » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am

Hello John,

Hope you are doing good.

We can help you with this, it would be better if we can discuss it in detail.

Thanks!!!

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com
CedCommerece : Officail Opencart Partners
CedCommerce Official : www.cedcommerce.com
Opencart Services : www.cedcommerce/opencart-services.com
Sell On various Marketplace Integration : Opencart-Extensions
Magenative Mobile App/IOS Development : magenative.com
Webinar : Power up Your holiday season marketing with the Automation tool

Post by mcfc4heatons » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:53 pm

It is by far the most important shipping option in the UK. Royal Mail now has three Euope Zones and three World Zones, they also have two services called Tracked 24 and Tracked 48 which are very popular. By not maintaining in core, I assume it is because Opencart is not being used by many UK users? A developer could definately sell an up to date Royal Mail Shipping extension?