Post by alexpap » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:30 pm

Hi,

I am having some seemingly related problems with two extensions I bought recently.

The first one, 'All in One Shipping' produces the error 'admin/controller/event folder is not writable' on install.

The other one, 'Import / Export Pro', the error 'Warning: copy(/var/www/vhosts/lamdabookstore.gr/httpdocs/ie_pro/tmp/I-Import-2021-02-08-090429.xlsx): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/lamdabookstore.gr/httpdocs/admin/model/extension/module/ie_pro_file.php on line 137{"error":true,"message":"Could not open \/var\/www\/vhosts\/lamdabookstore.gr\/httpdocs\/ie_pro\/tmp\/I-Import-2021-02-08-090429.xlsx for reading! File does not exist."}'

I am not very familiar with Opencart, but are these folder permission errors?
The extension creators told me to change the open_basedir configuration on the server, but I don't know what to enter there.
It currenly has this value (Plesk): {WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:40 pm

First install this extension then install both extensions. After installation disable or uninstall extension from below.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=33410

My converted modules | Buy me a beer | Opencart upgrade service


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Location - România

Post by alexpap » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:24 pm

Thanks, that worked for installing 'All in One Shipping', but the other one continues outputing the error.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:45 pm

If that doesn't work then contact extension developer.
Isn't free to download to test.

My converted modules | Buy me a beer | Opencart upgrade service


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Location - România

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Looks like no file or directory exists.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:30 pm
Location - Malaysia

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:22 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:40 pm
First install this extension then install both extensions. After installation disable or uninstall extension from below.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=33410
Rather than using this extension installer patch it would be better to stay away from OpenCart extensions which don't follow the rules. Or ask the extension authors to fix their extensions. It's a pitty that is no vetting procedure for extension on the OpenCart marketplace, there are simply too many junk extensions.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:20 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:22 pm
stay away from OpenCart extensions which don't follow the rules.
What rules? :laugh: :laugh:

Uploading a file in admin/controller/catalog is not a rule?

Code: Select all

				$allowed = [
					'admin/controller/extension/',
					'admin/language/',
					'admin/model/extension/',
					'admin/view/image/',
					'admin/view/javascript/',
					'admin/view/stylesheet/',
					'admin/view/template/extension/',
					'catalog/controller/extension/',
					'catalog/language/',
					'catalog/model/extension/',
					'catalog/view/javascript/',
					'catalog/view/theme/',
					'system/config/',
					'system/library/',
					'image/catalog/'
				];

Attachments

stupid_rules.png

stupid_rules.png (27.94 KiB) Viewed 332 times


My converted modules | Buy me a beer | Opencart upgrade service


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Location - România

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:32 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:20 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:22 pm
stay away from OpenCart extensions which don't follow the rules.
What rules? :laugh: :laugh:

Uploading a file in admin/controller/catalog is not a rule?

Code: Select all

				$allowed = [
					'admin/controller/extension/',
					'admin/language/',
					'admin/model/extension/',
					'admin/view/image/',
					'admin/view/javascript/',
					'admin/view/stylesheet/',
					'admin/view/template/extension/',
					'catalog/controller/extension/',
					'catalog/language/',
					'catalog/model/extension/',
					'catalog/view/javascript/',
					'catalog/view/theme/',
					'system/config/',
					'system/library/',
					'image/catalog/'
				];


It sure isn't since that directory does not exist out-of-the-box.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:38 pm

The folder catalog is out of box because there are opencart files.. atribute, category...just restricted by installer controller...

My converted modules | Buy me a beer | Opencart upgrade service


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Location - România

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:41 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:38 pm
The folder catalog is out of box because there are opencart files.. atribute, category...just restricted by installer controller...
admin/controller/catalog is not listed in the array.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:47 pm

Yes, I know but referring to this
JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:22 pm
better to stay away from OpenCart extensions which don't follow the rules.
users can't check paid extensions if follow the rules from installer array.

My converted modules | Buy me a beer | Opencart upgrade service


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Location - România

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:05 pm

users can't check paid extensions if follow the rules from installer array.
They can ask the author to fix an extension if it doesn't work with the OpenCart extension installer because of using non-allowed folders. Trying to put files into non-nallowed folders has to be regarded as a bug.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:22 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:05 pm
users can't check paid extensions if follow the rules from installer array.
They can ask the author to fix an extension if it doesn't work with the OpenCart extension installer because of using non-allowed folders. Trying to put files into non-nallowed folders has to be regarded as a bug.
Correct.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests