Post by Diaplo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:07 am

Hi, I am using version 3.0.2.0 of OpenCart.
But tracking the shipment is an important thing for the customer, how do I create a tracking number for the shipment with every order so that the customer is able to track his shipment on sites such as 17Track and Track24
thank you

Post by kestas » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:15 am

Diaplo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:07 am
But tracking the shipment is an important thing for the customer, how do I create a tracking number for the shipment with every order so that the customer is able to track his shipment on sites such as 17Track and Track24
thank you
What sending methods do you use? Do they have an API to get parcel information?
More information is needed. It is best to make a request to the commercial forum section.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by Diaplo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:34 am

kestas wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:15 am
Diaplo wrote:
thank you
What sending methods do you use? Do they have an API to get parcel information?
More information is needed. It is best to make a request to the commercial forum section.
Why do I need an API, the matter is simple, the tracking number works on the mentioned websites.
Of course there is an module that does this work

Post by thekrotek » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:41 am

Diaplo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:34 am
Why do I need an API, the matter is simple, the tracking number works on the mentioned websites.
Good. Add tracking number to order history entry, when you update order status and let customer track the packages.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:41 am

Diaplo wrote:
how do I create a tracking number for the shipment with every order so that the customer is able to track his shipment on sites such as 17Track and Track24
thank you
THAT is why you were asked if you were using an api if you want to do it automatically
OR do as above from thekrotek

Location - Wales

Post by Diaplo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:44 am

thekrotek wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:41 am
Diaplo wrote:
Good. Add tracking number to order history entry, when you update order status and let customer track the packages.
I can not understand what you mean?

Post by kestas » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:07 am

Diaplo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:44 am
thekrotek wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:41 am
Diaplo wrote:
I can not understand what you mean?
Since the matter is simple for you, ::) :laugh: just use those sites... that's all.
But if you need to implement it to your shop, you need an API!

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:55 am

Also take note that the shipment database table is still under the pull request for awaiting process of removal in the master branch. Therefore, the use of an API would be correct.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON