Post by Qphoria » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:34 am

I've officially released an updated version of the OpenCart version of vQmod with fixes for the latest twig changes in 3.0.3.5, 3.0.3.6, and 3.0.3.7
The vQmod class code hasn't changed...only the /vqmod/xml/vqmod_opencart.xml file needs to be updated on your site.

How to upgrade from a previous version of vQmod:

1. Download the latest opencart version of the vqmod file: https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/releases/
2. Extract and upload only the /vqmod/xml/vqmod_opencart.xml file to your /vqmod/xml/ folder, overwrite the existing file
3. Go to the /vqmod/ folder on your site and delete the "mods.cache" and "checked.cache" files

That's it. Now your twig files should be able to be modded once again by both ocmod AND vqmod

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:02 pm

Thank you!

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by by mona » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:13 pm

+1 x 2
Indeed - apologies sir .. thank you - for so many years thank you

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by jrr » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:37 pm

Qphoria wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:34 am
3. Goto the vqmod/vqcache folder on your site and delete the "mods.cache" and "checked.cache" files
Man I'm feeling stupid tonight...
Item 3. delete "mods.cache" and "checked.cache" files - I have a bunch of files called:

vq2-_usr_www_users_xxx_storage_modification_admin_controller_localisation_country.php
vq2-_usr_www_users_xxx_storage_modification_system_engine_action.php
some admin files...
vq2-catalog_controller_extension_module_featured.php
vq2-system_startup.php

However I see none with mods or checked or cache in the name in that directory.

Perhaps this is the wrong vqmod extension - I was using vqmod-2-6-4 before...

What am I missing?

Thanks!

PS, the system NEVER notifies me of a responses to messages I have flagged "Notify me when a reply is posted" - and yet I get notices of updates to extensions automatically. I assume this is another discussion...

jrr

Post by Johnathan » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:23 pm

1. The forum notifications don't work. I never use them myself, but I believe they haven't been working for years. Some people have tried to notify the OpenCart team about it, but I don't think it's a priority for them.

2. The checked.cache and mods.cache files are in the main /vqmod/ directory. The ones in /vqmod/vqcache/ are the cache files for individually modified files, but you typically don't need to clear those. If you delete the checked.cache/mods.cache files, it should refresh those other cache files for you.

Administrator

Post by jrr » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 pm

1.) Thanks, I was wondering what was the problem...

2.) so instead of going to /vqmod/vqcache/ and delete the files (checked.cache & mods.cache), you find them in /vqmod itself....just a typo on the otherwise very helpful post about updating.

And if I'd been paying more attention I would have seen the files sitting there. Gah!

Much appreciate your patience and help!

jrr

Post by Johnathan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:30 pm

I hadn't realized Q had mistakenly put that directory in there --- I edited his post to remove that (and add the 3.0.3.6 info) to avoid future confusion for others. Thanks for pointing it out

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:19 am

Thx for catching that. Released one more update to that vqmod_opencart.xml file to fix compatibility with Journal theme that was broken with the fix I made the last time. Now it should work with Journal twig edits correctly.

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:08 pm

Qphoria wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:19 am
Thx for catching that. Released one more update to that vqmod_opencart.xml file to fix compatibility with Journal theme that was broken with the fix I made the last time. Now it should work with Journal twig edits correctly.
You shouldn't have to fix your VQmod just to cater for Journal3, rather, Journal3 should get their act together and make their framework OpenCart standard compliant! :D

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by OSWorX » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:14 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:08 pm
Qphoria wrote:
You shouldn't have to fix your VQmod just to cater for Journal3, rather, Journal3 should get their act together and make their framework OpenCart standard compliant! :D
That's simply called: "kiss somebody's ass"

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:33 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:08 pm
Qphoria wrote:
No, no, no.. it wasn't a Journal compatibility thing... I initially made a rather rash change to fix the ocmod twig compatibility (because I was mad at the choice of code in the core) and my change was simply to break the path so that when the code checks if file_exists, it would never exist. But that also broke a path that journal was using and I realized it wasn't proper. So I made a more targeted fix which would no longer break paths and directly target only the questionable core code.

So its nothing custom or special for Journal... it's just a more proper fix to prevent breakage.

Administrator

Post by PSales » Sun May 09, 2021 7:43 am

I'm confused as to which update I need to download.

2.6.6 or 2.6.5

Thanks

Post by Johnathan » Sun May 09, 2021 9:03 pm

Always get the latest, so 2.6.6

Administrator

Post by PSales » Sun May 09, 2021 11:27 pm

Thanks!

Post by samaneh_bahrami » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:42 am

Use cron command on cpanel or plesk panel. Automatically delete at certain time intervals.

create: a file save; clear.php
write to file:

<?php
unlink("../public_html/vqmod/checked.cache");
echo "vqMod Cache File checked.cache deleted successfully.";
?>
Cpanel & Plesk Panels
Set it, Cron Time Command:
php -q /home/yourfolderway/public_html/clear.php
Set :
*/5 * * * *
e-ticaretuzman

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:50 am

samaneh_bahrami wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:42 am
Use cron command on cpanel or plesk panel. Automatically delete at certain time intervals.

create: a file save; clear.php
write to file:

<?php
unlink("../public_html/vqmod/checked.cache");
echo "vqMod Cache File checked.cache deleted successfully.";
?>
Cpanel & Plesk Panels
Set it, Cron Time Command:
php -q /home/yourfolderway/public_html/clear.php
Set :
*/5 * * * *
e-ticaretuzman
Or, just use the non-cached version from the Marketplace.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON