Post by EricaCC » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:21 pm

OC Version: 3.0.3.2
Theme: Journal 3
Site: https://chubbycheek.co.nz

Hi,

I'm having an issue with "free checkout" orders not updating the order status thus not coming through to my admin console/updating my stock.

A customer (and on testing) reached the order success page after checkout on the website however, the order remains with order_status_id 0 in my SQL orders table.
So no order appears under sales orders in admin console nor does the stock reduce. No order confirmation/notification emails are received by either the customer or admin.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on what I should look at/how to fix it?
Any help appreciated.

Thank you,
Erica
Last edited by EricaCC on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 pm

Journal is unsupported on the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by EricaCC » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:03 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 pm
Journal is unsupported on the forum.
Thank you for your reply and apologies for my ignorance - would you mind clarifying so I know better:-
Is the "free checkout" a Journal feature rather than OC feature?
Or is it an OC feature but because I use Journal I'm unable to resolve the issue here?

I've been unable to change the order status setting from "canceled" in the payments extension setting within OC, which logically made me think it is likely OC related. And I wondered whether this was related to the issue in my original post.
Is the "free checkout" extension not typically/by default part of OC?

Thanks for your help.

Post by by mona » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:02 pm

It is possible you have not set it up correctly
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=223362

In addition, I know it is hard and frustrating sometimes but we do not work for Opencart nor are we affiliated with Opencart.
We offer our time for free to assist people, but are under no obligation to do so.

Most developers are not prepared to work on J themes for free. There are many reasons why, but the bottom line is that is our choice. However so you have an idea the reasons are
1. They sell off the marketplace and as such give nothing back to the community
2. The coding is like finding a piece of chopped onion in a bowl of spaghetti bolognese
3. They are not active on this forum nor do they have their own
4. All too often users claim that they have been sent back from J to this forum, often with J related issues, but even if not, if they can’t answer simple questions relating to OC, why should anyone return the favour? This is an abuse of our kindness which is my number one reason for not assisting. Whether this is J or this is users makes no difference to me.
5. This is general not J specific. Users are getting used to free assistance as a right and developers are worse. It gets to the point where you have to explain that you a running a commercial shop, so to expect that just because we know something does not mean we have to share it. It is like expecting you to give away your products just because you have them in stock.

I am not meaning to be harsh, but to explain that people here choose who to assist and have their own reasons for it. The best way to get assistance is to
a. Add your OC version, theme and site - which you did - so I am bothering
b. Be appreciative no matter how unfair you feel the answer is - which again you did - so I will try to help you
c. Understand that this is our living and we do deserve to be paid - I personally do not use the forum for business, but many do and everyone needs to pay bills.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by EricaCC » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:53 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:02 pm
It is possible you have not set it up correctly
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=223362

In addition, I know it is hard and frustrating sometimes but we do not work for Opencart nor are we affiliated with Opencart.
We offer our time for free to assist people, but are under no obligation to do so.

Most developers are not prepared to work on J themes for free. There are many reasons why, but the bottom line is that is our choice. However so you have an idea the reasons are
1. They sell off the marketplace and as such give nothing back to the community
2. The coding is like finding a piece of chopped onion in a bowl of spaghetti bolognese
3. They are not active on this forum nor do they have their own
4. All too often users claim that they have been sent back from J to this forum, often with J related issues, but even if not, if they can’t answer simple questions relating to OC, why should anyone return the favour? This is an abuse of our kindness which is my number one reason for not assisting. Whether this is J or this is users makes no difference to me.
5. This is general not J specific. Users are getting used to free assistance as a right and developers are worse. It gets to the point where you have to explain that you a running a commercial shop, so to expect that just because we know something does not mean we have to share it. It is like expecting you to give away your products just because you have them in stock.

I am not meaning to be harsh, but to explain that people here choose who to assist and have their own reasons for it. The best way to get assistance is to
a. Add your OC version, theme and site - which you did - so I am bothering
b. Be appreciative no matter how unfair you feel the answer is - which again you did - so I will try to help you
c. Understand that this is our living and we do deserve to be paid - I personally do not use the forum for business, but many do and everyone needs to pay bills.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply as well as the link to a prior post. This has helped me resolve the issue and all is working as expected now - so thank you!
I truly appreciate your help and that you provided some insight into circumstances I wasn't fully aware of. Since the original reply above I've read a few forum posts to try understand more about J not being supported and definitely have a better idea now. I'm so disappointed to read of the lack of resolutions from J directly for users and the load it adds to yourself and others on these forums. I haven't had an issue (until now) that I've had to deal with personally. But I am feeling rather perplexed as to why J was highly recommended to me by the local official OC partner who upgraded my website a while back and installed it. He basically made out as if there was no other choice and that it was far superior to alternative themes.
I may need to look into other options but with only one official OC partner within the country, I've been a bit stuck on finding someone else to provide me with website/OC support.

Thank you once again, definitely has left me with some food for thought but mostly I'm grateful for your assistance.

Kind regards,
Erica

Post by by mona » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:13 pm

Your welcome - Glad you have it resolved.
etiquette is to add [SOLVED] to the title - helps others looking for the same solution.

Re: Opencart Partner Recommendation - then you have another address to ask for assistance :laugh:

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member