Post by pixacor » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:51 am

Hello all.

I have exported users and purchase history from an old 1.5 store. I am now trying to import into a 3.0.7 and PhpExcel kills mysql and the server each time. I expected this due to the size of the file. Are there limitations I can lift on the server restriction to allow this? Or is there an internal option anywhere to split all of this up besides manually cutting the file into smaller ones?

I was going to do it old school and export the database tables, adjust for the new version database structure, and import via phpymyadmin. Is that my best bet vs one of these extensions?

Thanks for any tips.

Post by straightlight » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:04 am

pixacor wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:51 am
Hello all.

I have exported users and purchase history from an old 1.5 store. I am now trying to import into a 3.0.7 and PhpExcel kills mysql and the server each time. I expected this due to the size of the file. Are there limitations I can lift on the server restriction to allow this? Or is there an internal option anywhere to split all of this up besides manually cutting the file into smaller ones?

I was going to do it old school and export the database tables, adjust for the new version database structure, and import via phpymyadmin. Is that my best bet vs one of these extensions?

Thanks for any tips.
Which import/export extension are you referring to?

There was no internal option to split all queries altogether. It either needs to be done from an extension or, the best option but will take longer, by doing it manually. I have done several custom jobs which involved on integrating the database altogether, including SEOs, as I still foreseen this method as the best way to do it.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON