Post by TomOhio » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:18 pm

After upgrading to 3.0.3.8, Paypal Express stopped working with Paypal reporting "something went wrong". All troubleshooting did not get my any further, so I did a brand new, vanilla installation and the problem is still there:
- when clicking on either "Configure Live" or "Configure Sandbox" buttons, I get a 404 - category not found. Unfortunately, zero additional information and I could not find anything in the logs.
- when going the "advanced" route and enter all information, save it, all good (so far), but when trying the "Enable" under "Checkout" tab, I get a "Permission denied - You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator.". The account is the admin account and I already assigned all available access and modify permissions. to the admin group.

Running Centos 7 with php 7.4.
Any idea?

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:09 am

What version did you upgrade from? 3.0.3.8 has an older version of the PayPal Express extension than some other versions.

'category not found' is a front end error. Maybe there is a configuration or htaccess issue.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by MajorPain » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:46 am

TomOhio wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:18 pm
After upgrading to 3.0.3.8, Paypal Express stopped working with Paypal reporting "something went wrong". All troubleshooting did not get my any further, so I did a brand new, vanilla installation and the problem is still there:
- when clicking on either "Configure Live" or "Configure Sandbox" buttons, I get a 404 - category not found. Unfortunately, zero additional information and I could not find anything in the logs.
- when going the "advanced" route and enter all information, save it, all good (so far), but when trying the "Enable" under "Checkout" tab, I get a "Permission denied - You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator.". The account is the admin account and I already assigned all available access and modify permissions. to the admin group.

Running Centos 7 with php 7.4.
Any idea?
I've noticed Paypal has updated things on their end according to one of their emails. I've found Paypal Pro and Paypal Standard both stopped working. They just keep going with this "Waiting" spinning wheel and never advances. I was using Brave and Chrome browser with the same results. Tested it out on Microsoft Edge and it works fine. So not sure but looks like there are browser issues.

For the permission issue you are having, do you have all the permissions enabled in the admin settings?