Post by krofunk » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi, hopefully I have done something blindingly daft and you guys can assist!? :laugh:

I have done a clean install of opencart 3.0.3.2
Everything looked good with the demo content; I deleted the categories and products. I added one new product and wanted to add it to 'featured'. I read on the forum that I do this via the 'Modules' menu, but that menu is absent? ???

I checked on the Demo site on the opencart website and that appears to have the same issue..which makes me feel a bit better.

I can see the URL pattern, if I force the admin panel to go to admin/index.php?route=marketplace/modules&user_token=XXX I get a message saying permission denied. I checked the user groups and the Administrator group has permission to everything.

I saw a post saying I should check my database to make sure the extensions table is populated. As I said, this is a clean install, but I can verify that the table is present and populated.

Currently I think opencart is the way to go, I look forward to checking out the extensions but it will sting if I can't add products to the home page (or modify any other modules). hopefully someone can assist?

Thanks!

Post by OSWorX » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:43 pm

Menu Extensions > Extensions

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Johnathan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:14 pm

Yes, like OSWorX says: it's a common confusion because of how they changed the menu in OpenCart 3. You first need to go to Extensions > Extensions, then choose the type of extension from the dropdown selector at the top of the page.

If you want to restore the old extension sub-areas in the left-hand menu, my OpenCart Admin Improvements does that. It also has a few other useful features for the admin panel, including an ocMod editor and the ability to use partial names when searching for products. Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and description, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by krofunk » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:10 am

:o

As I suspected, I have missed something obvious. Thank you for your support!