Post by meekaaku » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:38 pm

I am setting up Opencart 3 on Digital Ocean using Managed Database. It requires the opencart to database connection be over SSL and they provide
a certificate to be used.
I searched the forums/docs, but could not find information about configuring to use SSL connection to database in opencart. Any possible links?

Note, I am not talking about making the website SSL. I am talking about making the connection to the database over SSL.

Post by letxobnav » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:41 pm

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Something like that seems to exist, but only for a 1.5.6.x Version, but it might be
of some help, if one plans, to use it in a later Version:
Mysqli w/ SSL Certs
MySQLi with SSL support. This will allow for secure database communication via SSL.
This is the best way to add a layer of protection to your cart. Please follow the steps
exactly for this to work. There is a README included in the zip and the steps can also
be found in documentation section.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=18572

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by letxobnav » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:40 pm

only useful if your database is on a different server.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan