Post by BostonRedSox001 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:15 am

Hi,

All files for upgrade were installed successfully, but on our main website page we get this error. Also when we tried to access www. ourstore .com/install we got a HTTP 500 server error. Any ideas?

Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home1/xxxxx/public_html/system/startup.php on line 55Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home1/xxxxxx/public_html/system/startup.php on line 59Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home1/xxxxx/public_html/system/startup.php on line 55Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home1/xxxxx/public_html/system/startup.php on line 59Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home1/xxxxx/public_html/system/startup.php on line 55Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home1/xxxx/public_html/system/startup.php on line 59Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home1/xxxxx/public_html/system/startup.php on line 55Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home1/xxxx/public_html/system/startup.php on line 59
Last edited by BostonRedSox001 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:28 am

Since you mentioned nothing on Version/Theme/Mods/e.t.c.,
or even told us, what UPGRADE-Thing you used, better first
check the Bulkload on Google Replies on this:
https://www.google.com/search?q="Use+of ... 8&oe=utf-8

I am no longer active at the Forum. Please do NOT send me Personal Mails,
they will no longer be replied to.
My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
4'160 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:40 am

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by BostonRedSox001 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:33 pm

We are upgraded to version 3.0.3.6 when we received the message above from version 1.5.2. and used FileZilla to get the files uploaded to the server. Let me know what other details are needed if I'm not providing enough information.

Also, when i followed the upgrade instructions the two files from version 3.0.3.6 I didn't send to the server were the two config-dist.php file located in the upload folder and the admin file as my understanding was that would overwrite the existing config.php file that i already have on the server? Not sure if thats contributing to this error?

Based on the link that was provided in the replies I still was a bit confused if there is a significant issue or if its something simple to fix? Are there any simpler instructions to resolve this step by step on what to do?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:13 pm

Basically the built-in OpenCart upgrade function shouldn't be used, it causes too many problems, and probably has some bugs, too.

The easiest way is to do a fresh install of your new OpenCart 3.0.3.6 release, as well as a bugfixed system/modification.xml from here. Then install your 3rd party extensions and your web theme (verify that they all support your new OpenCart 3.0.3.6 release). Finally, you can use the Export/Import tool to upload the old data to your new server, see however our FAQ page (Can I move products from an older to a newer OpenCart server?) on this.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member

Post by BostonRedSox001 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:33 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:13 pm
Basically the built-in OpenCart upgrade function shouldn't be used, it causes too many problems, and probably has some bugs, too.

The easiest way is to do a fresh install of your new OpenCart 3.0.3.6 release, as well as a bugfixed system/modification.xml from here. Then install your 3rd party extensions and your web theme (verify that they all support your new OpenCart 3.0.3.6 release). Finally, you can use the Export/Import tool to upload the old data to your new server, see however our FAQ page (Can I move products from an older to a newer OpenCart server?) on this.
Thank you for the reply. I'm not a programmer so I think what your saying is I should use filezilla again and let it overwrite the 3.0.3.6 files on the server that I put there yesterday for the upgrade? Would that include putting that config-dist.php file that I didn't originally transfer in? I just don't want it to overwrite the config.php file that I think has all the info from our current site. For the bugfixed system modification code am I supposed to copy and paste that somewhere? lol.

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:04 pm

BostonRedSox001 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:33 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:13 pm

Thank you for the reply. I'm not a programmer so I think what your saying is I should use filezilla again and let it overwrite the 3.0.3.6 files on the server that I put there yesterday for the upgrade? Would that include putting that config-dist.php file that I didn't originally transfer in? I just don't want it to overwrite the config.php file that I think has all the info from our current site. For the bugfixed system modification code am I supposed to copy and paste that somewhere? lol.
Reverting your store from your most recent backups would be more suggested. As for the modification.xml file, it needs to go under the system folder. However, if you're experiencing issues with the upgrade, you could create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact an Opencart partner by using the Resources link at the top of the site, or contact me directly via PM to get this done as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:08 pm

First of all, if it is a live website, make sure to do a complete backup. And do the fresh install to a new sub-folder and test it all out first! Then set the old site to maintenance mode, and copy the old data over to the new site.

With regards to an OpenCart installation and extensions itself: Follow the install steps as outlined here.

And yes, you'll have to know how to use a FTP client like FileZilla or similar, as well as PHPMyAdmin for DB creation.

After you are satisfied that everything works as expected, then you remove the old OpenCart files and database, and move the new install from the new folder to the location of your live site, and update the config.php and admin/config.php accordingly.

If you need help, you can a find professional developer on the commercial support section of this OpenCart forum.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member