Post by hannoeo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:15 am

I´m getting stuck at part 3 of the installation, I´ve had several different error codes depending on what ill input.

I am not expert what so ever and really really crappy when it comes to databases and such but i think there is something missing from the config.php because it´s all blank..

i did re-name the config-dist.php to config.php and the config-dist.php was also empty... Isn´t those configs supposed to connect the DB?

This is the error message displayed: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/1698): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' in /var/www/html/opencart/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

changing user from root to username and localhost to hostname will display this error:

mysqli::__construct(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /var/www/html/opencart/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/2002): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /var/www/html/opencart/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

here is line 7 aswell, from mysqli.php: $this->connection = new \mysqli($hostname, $username, $password, $database, $port);

I'm not really seeing the problem at all here. Please help me out :)

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:16 pm

Using localhost should be correct unless you database is remotely hosted. You just need your correct username and password.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:46 pm

If the config.php files are blank after running yourdomain.com/install then the install did not work properly. Make sure you have all files properly uploaded, with the correct file permissions and try running the install process again.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:16 pm

OC version.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:54 am

You might also want to consider using Softaculous if this is your first time installing Opencart. It may be easier to get it setup and see what the config.php files should look like.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:15 pm

To see what the config.php files should look like: viewtopic.php?f=199&t=198781&p=699560#p699560

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON