Post by palbrecht » Thu May 27, 2021 3:16 am

I am trying to upgrade our site from version 1.5.3 to current version. I followed all the instructions and overwrote the files in our directory. When I first went to the install page it gave me an error of PHP version 7.3 required. I updated our PHP version on the hosting side.

When I went next to the install page all I get is a blank white page. Firefox throws no errors (chrome does throw an error of onboardstyle.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500).

In the address bar is: http://onboardstyle.com/install/index.p ... de/upgrade

Our website is: onboardstyle.com
When I go there the following error shows: Use of undefined constant DIR_MODIFICATION - assumed 'DIR_MODIFICATION'

Please help,
Phil

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu May 27, 2021 5:21 pm

The built-in OpenCart upgrade won't work in the majority of cases, especially when you also have a number of the other 3rd party extensions which may need separate upgrades, too. It's probably easier just to do a fresh install of your new OC 3.0.x and the use e.g. the Export/Import tool to copy over your product data (see our FAQ on this). And then finally install your extensions, one by one, always making sure first that they actually support OC 3, too.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by palbrecht » Thu May 27, 2021 10:05 pm

Thanks, I was able to go and work out all the errors and complete the upgrade. Now my issue is that my shipping and payment extensions are not there. Unfortunately I am new to this and am not sure what payment extension we used. I didn't realize that i needed to record this. Is there any way to look at the old files and see this information?
Thanks

Post by by mona » Thu May 27, 2021 10:23 pm

contact your host - see of they have a backup -
maybe of both database and files and ask if they can put it somewhere for you to download

You can also check in your opencart marketplace account.
Neither will work (in global terms and there are exceptions - none of your modules for OC 1 will work on OC3) - but it will tell you what you were using.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by palbrecht » Thu May 27, 2021 10:44 pm

Thanks. I actually have all the original files and have a sql backup of the store. Not sure how to view any of that data though. Trying to install a community version of MYSQL on my computer to see if maybe I can restore the database locally and look in the files. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post by straightlight » Thu May 27, 2021 11:08 pm

palbrecht wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:44 pm
Thanks. I actually have all the original files and have a sql backup of the store. Not sure how to view any of that data though. Trying to install a community version of MYSQL on my computer to see if maybe I can restore the database locally and look in the files. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You could, either, create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact me directly via PM on the forum, to upgrade your store successfully as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON