Post by noorani.bakerally » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:02 pm

I have an existing opencart system that is not loading due to permission issues. I have been given the system to install without any information such as version etc. The HTTP Server is Apache HTTP running on Centos 8.

The error I am getting are:

Code: Select all

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/system/storage/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/system/library/log.php on line 22
RuntimeException: Unable to create the cache directory (/var/www/html/system/storage/cache/template/b7). in /var/www/html/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Cache/Filesystem.php on line 55
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /var/www/html/system/library/log.php on line 31
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /var/www/html/system/library/log.php on line 39
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /var/www/html/system/library/log.php on line 39
I have tried different of type of permissions. For test purposes, i've set chmod -R 777 to the complete storage directory and its subdirectories but still no success.

Post by Gergely » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:06 pm

Hi noorani.bakerally,

You might have forgotten to update your config.php and amin/config.php files after moving the storage folder.
  1. The storage folder needs to be outside the opencart web directory
  2. Directories should be 755, files 644
  3. Config files need to be updated with the new path to the storage directory
I hope this helps, let us know if you have further issues after doing this!

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:07 pm

OC version.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON