Post by redeye_joe » Tue May 03, 2022 11:00 pm

HI, I have opencart running on a hosted server and I want to play with another store, so I installed it on that same server, but inside a folder. After uploading files and going through install, the admin works but the cart/store gets internal error 500, but it will not show errors and has nothing in the error log file in admin. I tried installing a older version, same results. I have tried removing the .htaccess file in my public_html folder with same results. Anyone have any ideas??
thanks

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue May 03, 2022 11:28 pm

Check your config.php and .htaccess files for correct settings. And check your server's error log (not the same as the OpenCart error.log!). And clear all caches.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu May 05, 2022 9:08 am

It may also be better to do this using a subdomain instead of a subfolder. It will eliminate any conflicts between the two installs such as the .htaccess file rules.

@Jneuhoff suggestions are all great too

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by tom327 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:30 am

I would also like to do this.

My idea is to create a sub-folder on my website (opencart 3.0.3.2) and install another copy of opencart in the sub folder.

I want to have a different language website in that subfolder.

For example:
My main website: www,mydomain.com
Then I would have a spansih language opencart store in a sub folder: www.mydomain.com/es/

Is it technically not possible to do this, or not recommended?
Is this just tasking for trouble with conflicts with database, extensions, .htaccess, etc?

I don't to use a sub-domain for SEO considerations.

Post by tom327 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:43 am

After more research I have found that there are extensions that actually add custom language prefixes, which seems to be like subfolders.
Such as mydomain/es/
or mydomain/fr
Ike this extension for example:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ltilingual