Post by Daniel » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:47 pm

We skipped a version number because the tags got messed up.

Anyway lots of fixes have been added.

ADDED
Square payment extension
Twig Templates now using caching by default
Added a control panel in the admin to disable caching and clear cache files
Added a move storage directory message and solution in the admin

CHANGED
Sessions now use DB by default

FIXES
there is no model marketing/affiliate on the backend
Session errors
Eval function unavailable
Cookie issue on checkout

A full list of fixes can be found here:

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/is ... s%3Aclosed

Download here:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=cms/download

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Worries » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:43 am

I am new to this field and i decided to build online store using Open Cart but lately heard of last version bugs

Now i am Happy Most of them fix.

I am wondering if i install the last version how easy to upgrade it to the next versions will be? just an example it will be easy to upgrade it to 3.0.1.2 version from admin panel? I will lose my back links in google?

Thank you

Post by Daniel » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:29 am

i had to do a quick mini release as the upgrade had an issue. just grab the latest

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Worries » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:41 am

Daniel wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:29 am
i had to do a quick mini release as the upgrade had an issue. just grab the latest
Thank you for this fast upgrade

Can you please tell me how to upgrade from Open cart 3.0.0.0 version to Open Cart 3.0.1.0 ?

Thanks

Post by nasser.man » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Necessary improvements, thanks.

اگر پیامتون در این انجمن ندیده باشم با من از طریق وبسایتم در تماس باشید.
http://ressan.ir

Post by Louis7777 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Worries wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:41 am
Can you please tell me how to upgrade from Open cart 3.0.0.0 version to Open Cart 3.0.1.0 ?
I would also like to know how upgrades happen in version 3.x

Ideally there should be a one-click upgrade function at the back office. Is there? Any plans for it?

Post by tana » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Hey there,

I tried an upgrade from version 3.0.0.0 to 3.0.1.1. I am new to OpenCart but since the first time I installed OpenCart things were not complete. I was missing a few things under the Extension menu like: payments, modules and so on. Things I saw in the backend demo but not in the live version I have installed with Softaculous.

When I try to upgrade, I am getting this error:

Error Code(0): Error: Table 'allograf_ocar159.oc8h_url_alias' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SHOW INDEX FROM `oc8h_url_alias` WHERE Key_name != 'PRIMARY' in /system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40

True, oc8h_url_alias doesn't exist in phpMyAdmin, I would create it but I can't find anything online to see what that table could have in it and any new installation of 3.0 doesn't come with that table. Any thoughts?

Post by Worries » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Hello,

How about Themes

Themes of Open Cart 2.3 Working on The last version?

Thank you

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:41 pm

tana wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:41 pm

SHOW INDEX FROM `oc8h_url_alias` WHERE Key_name != 'PRIMARY' in /system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40
Opencart 3.0.0.0 or later doesn't use the 'url_alias', it now uses the multi-lingual 'seo_url' table.

As regards upgrades: I wouldn't use OpenCart's upgrade scripts, they almost never work. Always do a fresh install.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:42 pm

Worries wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:54 pm
Hello,

How about Themes

Themes of Open Cart 2.3 Working on The last version?

Thank you
OpenCart 2.3 themes won't work on 3.0.0.0 or later, too many changes, such as using twig instead of php templates.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:44 pm

nasser.man wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:10 pm
Necessary improvements, thanks.
A step in the right direction. Of course, it would have been better to stick with PHP templates. It is still possible for 3rd party extension to use PHP templates.

Guru Member

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:00 am

we needed to switch from php templates otherwise we could not have a theme editor or have php editable code on the cloud.

there is another minor issue with the theme extension. its already been fixed and will do a quick fix release tomorrow.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:01 am

tana wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:41 pm
Hey there,

I tried an upgrade from version 3.0.0.0 to 3.0.1.1. I am new to OpenCart but since the first time I installed OpenCart things were not complete. I was missing a few things under the Extension menu like: payments, modules and so on. Things I saw in the backend demo but not in the live version I have installed with Softaculous.

True, oc8h_url_alias doesn't exist in phpMyAdmin, I would create it but I can't find anything online to see what that table could have in it and any new installation of 3.0 doesn't come with that table. Any thoughts?
post this on the issue tracker! i can fix the upgrade script!

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... f5ad92f9aa

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:07 am

Louis7777 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:18 pm
Worries wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:41 am
I would also like to know how upgrades happen in version 3.x

Ideally there should be a one-click upgrade function at the back office. Is there? Any plans for it?
my plan as well. shouldn't take to long.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:12 am

Daniel wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:00 am
we needed to switch from php templates otherwise we could not have a theme editor or have php editable code on the cloud.

there is another minor issue with the theme extension. its already been fixed and will do a quick fix release tomorrow.
Thanks for the clarification. How is the cloud version coming along? Is there a place where we can test the cloud version, especially for extensions?

Guru Member

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:13 am

ok guys i should be ok from now on to fix any issues as they arrive and releases will be a coming every few days.

I have been busy for the past 1.7 years i have been working flat out on:

1. Redesigned / rebuilt opencart.com
2. integrated the marketplace to the opencart admin
3. released the next big version of opencart
4. Built a cloud based shopping cart system that can take on the likes of shopify (will release any day now)

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:18 am

@JNeuhoff

it could be this week or next before the cloud is launched. u can test your extension using the installer in the admin. im currently working on the documentation for extension building here:

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/wiki

i have already got isenses master card extension installing from the admin marketplace. its really going to sell a lot of extension once i start approving extensions. i will be restricting some php functions from being used in extensions such as eval to avoid being hacked.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Worries » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:31 am

I am confused should i install it now or i have to wait,Because I am looking for the last version and it most be an easy way to upgrade it.

This is really a great Job and I am sure Open Cart is the most Active E commerce Solution and community.

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:22 am

Worries wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:31 am
I am confused should i install it now or i have to wait,Because I am looking for the last version and it most be an easy way to upgrade it.

This is really a great Job and I am sure Open Cart is the most Active E commerce Solution and community.
upgrade works. there was an issue before but was fixed before the last release. theres only a few fixes.

also i dont plan on making any more suture changes. only fixes and additional features within the current framework.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by karlpers » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:28 pm

The new version looks really promising!

However, I wonder about the permission directories.

When uploading files using the installer, the entire folder is allowed: admin/controller/extension/

But from the admin/controller/startup/permissino.php, only these areas are reachable:

// If a 3rd part is found we need to check if its under one of the extension folders.
$extension = array(
'extension/dashboard',
'extension/analytics',
'extension/captcha',
'extension/extension',
'extension/feed',
'extension/fraud',
'extension/module',
'extension/payment',
'extension/shipping',
'extension/theme',
'extension/total',
'extension/report',
'extension/openbay'
);

Is there a big security reason why Im not allowed to reach the route extension/blog or similar? Why not make the entire extension/ folder reachable?