Post by Daniel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:54 pm

So received an email about my support@opencart.com email account which is linked to opencart zend desk.
Yesterday, 9:43 AMNew
A government-backed attempt to steal your password was detected
We believe we detected government-backed attackers trying to steal your password. This happens to less than 0.1% of Gmail users. We can’t reveal what tipped us off because the attackers will take note and change their tactics. If they're successful, they could access your data or take other actions using your account. To improve your security, join the Advanced Protection Program, Google's strongest protection for users at risk of targeted attacks.
I'm not sure which government? is that the Hong Kong / China one?

Any way I have switched the 2fact auth to use the app and not sms.

Attachments

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg (107.55 KiB) Viewed 7053 times

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg (250.19 KiB) Viewed 7053 times

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:38 pm

Wow...crazy. Hopefully you can keep it secure, there are too many bad actors out there these days. Sorry you have to deal with this stuff.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by khnaz35 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:35 am

Huh crazy..
They want to have easy access to all customer/user data from your email. :o

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by Burt65 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:47 am

If true, I would put my money on China Government. They don't have a real good track record for being honest..

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by Daniel » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:11 pm

If its the CCP its possible its one of the CCP surveillance companies employees trying to use government internet surveillance systems to gain access to peoples data, stores, etc... so they can sell the data online. or maybe have friends in china hack some stores.

If it is the CCP maybe they are planning some sort of attack on online xmas sales? Take down OpenCart, shopify, magento, etc..

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by khnaz35 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:33 pm

Daniel wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:11 pm
If it is the CCP maybe they are planning some sort of attack on online xmas sales? Take down OpenCart, shopify, magento, etc..
If that is the case then some big fishes might be involved in it.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:31 am

Are you sure it's a government attempt or is it more of a phishing email attempting to pose as the government? The best way to find out is to look at the headers of the email and see where it really came from.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA