Post by Daniel » Tue May 24, 2022 3:40 am

Its finally here! OpenCart 4.0.0.0. After many years hard work.

ADDED
PHP 8.1+ Compatibly
New event based extension system
Startup page
CRON job page
GDPR
Product variants. You can now choose to use create a new product variant based off a master product and link the stock quantities.
Cookie accept policy.
Admin notification system. OpenCart can now send you updates and news information directly to your OpenCart admin.
Autoloader class
Telephone field now optional
Additional admin security, renaming admin folder, install directory, moving storage folder.

UPDATED
Boootstrap 5
jQuery v3.6.0
Font Awsome 6
CKEditor 5
Renamed order_recurring to subscription system.
Sliding buttons instead of checkboxes
All forms are now using AJAX.
New installer
Upgrade system can be done fully via the admin.
Reports system.
Admin alerts.
Backup system now backs up the database in parts to avoid crashing with large tables.
Order editor has been completely reworked so API session is not required.

REMOVED
OCMOD
All 3rd party extensions. There is a system to download and add core extensions directly to the extension pages.

Download here:

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/re ... ag/4.0.0.0

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Tue May 24, 2022 6:41 am

It can also be downloaded from this site: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=cms/download .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Sm00dE » Tue May 24, 2022 11:18 am

I want to try the newest version but received error on installation

Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/..../:/tmp:/usr/share/pear) in /home/..../domains/..../public_html/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php on line 91Twig\Error\LoaderError: The "/" directory does not exist ("/"). in /home/..../domains/..../public_html/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php on line 92

Post by Sm00dE » Tue May 24, 2022 12:03 pm

Upgrade system can be done fully via the admin
is it know core can be updated with same principle as WordPress?

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue May 24, 2022 1:59 pm

Why released? without fixing issues...bugs....

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... .php#L1080

You use returns name in controller but language file, twig are named return....

CKeditor language switch not fixed

and so son :laugh:

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by Wazzy » Tue May 24, 2022 3:19 pm

I don't need it yet, but should there be a "OpenCart 4.0 Support" on this community forum?

Post by codinginspect » Tue May 24, 2022 3:39 pm

Wazzy wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:19 pm
I don't need it yet, but should there be a "OpenCart 4.0 Support" on this community forum?
Opencart 4.0 Just launched as the customer use it and developers compatible their modules the support on this forum will increase as well. For quick support your should create a support ticket from GET SUPPORT button link on extension page.

Kind & Best Regards
Your Official Opencart Partner
Codinginspect

Post by OSWorX » Tue May 24, 2022 3:41 pm

Wazzy wrote:
Already initiated - waiting for forum admins response.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Wazzy » Tue May 24, 2022 3:46 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:41 pm
Wazzy wrote:
Already initiated - waiting for forum admins response.
Thank you

Post by qahar » Tue May 24, 2022 5:29 pm

Thank you for all the hard work and the new version release!!

The new v4 is compatible with PHP 8.1, which is great.
Please also update/inform the minimum requirements (PHP version, PHP extension, Database version, etc).

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by DigitCart » Tue May 24, 2022 5:58 pm

Daniel wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:40 am
Its finally here! OpenCart 4.0.0.0. After many years hard work.
Thank you!

My Extensions

Post by straightlight » Tue May 24, 2022 6:25 pm

Sm00dE wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:18 am
I want to try the newest version but received error on installation

Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/..../:/tmp:/usr/share/pear) in /home/..../domains/..../public_html/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php on line 91Twig\Error\LoaderError: The "/" directory does not exist ("/"). in /home/..../domains/..../public_html/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php on line 92
You'd need to contact your host on that one.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by wedevlops.com » Tue May 24, 2022 9:19 pm

Wow! great news! good Job!

Post by Qphoria » Wed May 25, 2022 2:39 am

WE HAVE A NEW OPENCART 4.0 SUPPORT FORUM > viewforum.php?f=209

Administrator

Location - Bangkok - Thailand

Post by karapuz » Thu May 26, 2022 1:13 am

I looked at Opencart 4.0.0.0 and... there is NO page for uploading ocmod custom modifications or 3rd party modules. OMG... what you have done... we are going back to vqmod... And yes, I understand your goal. You wish to force developers to use the marketplace. I think it is not going to happen with the current events system shipped with Opencart. I am not against the idea, but I don't like the current approach.

I found the page, my mistake. But the rest is still actual.

The event system is absolutely not suitable for serious custom changes. You had to provide native php inheritance instead of extending the events.

Another major improvement had to be done is to DB functionality. It is hard to modify existing sql queries and you should provide some builder for queries which can be passed among objects to extend these fields.

From developer's point of view, Opencart 4 is more a step backward. You can see that vqmod fans already created VQMod patches to make it work with Opencart. For Opencart 3 I did not recommend VQMod, but the event system is nothing closer to features available with VQMod and I am afraid that at the present moment VQMod is the only reliable platform for making custom changes for Opencart 4.

Still, there are positive points about Opencart 4:
- built-in cron job scheduler. I have not looked deep into details, but it sounds very promising. I had to write my own task scheduler for previous versions.
- one page checkout - looks good and fresh.
- admin notification system - sounds intriguing, maybe helpful, I did not get a chance to look in details.
- converting many pages to ajax - looks very good UX improvement;
- GDPR - I believe this is very important for new comers, a green checkmark next to "Opencart is GDPR compliant".
- Cookie accept policy - same as GDPR, another good checkmark on Opencart profile page;
- updates of libraries (Boootstrap 5, jQuery v3.6.0, Font Awsome 6) - ok, new icons, new features.
- CKEditor 5 - ok. A newer version should bring new features.

I hope you will not delete my post :) There are so many people happy about Opencart 4. I waited for it too, but now the future looks dimmed. Anyway, it is better to get that release than offer a version 3 released more than 3-5 years ago. For some reason, customers think that newer is better :good:

Post by straightlight » Thu May 26, 2022 9:11 am

karapuz wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:13 am
I looked at Opencart 4.0.0.0 and... there is NO page for uploading ocmod custom modifications or 3rd party modules. OMG... what you have done... we are going back to vqmod... And yes, I understand your goal. You wish to force developers to use the marketplace. I think it is not going to happen with the current events system shipped with Opencart. I am not against the idea, but I don't like the current approach.

I found the page, my mistake. But the rest is still actual.

The event system is absolutely not suitable for serious custom changes. You had to provide native php inheritance instead of extending the events.

Another major improvement had to be done is to DB functionality. It is hard to modify existing sql queries and you should provide some builder for queries which can be passed among objects to extend these fields.

From developer's point of view, Opencart 4 is more a step backward. You can see that vqmod fans already created VQMod patches to make it work with Opencart. For Opencart 3 I did not recommend VQMod, but the event system is nothing closer to features available with VQMod and I am afraid that at the present moment VQMod is the only reliable platform for making custom changes for Opencart 4.

Still, there are positive points about Opencart 4:
- built-in cron job scheduler. I have not looked deep into details, but it sounds very promising. I had to write my own task scheduler for previous versions.
- one page checkout - looks good and fresh.
- admin notification system - sounds intriguing, maybe helpful, I did not get a chance to look in details.
- converting many pages to ajax - looks very good UX improvement;
- GDPR - I believe this is very important for new comers, a green checkmark next to "Opencart is GDPR compliant".
- Cookie accept policy - same as GDPR, another good checkmark on Opencart profile page;
- updates of libraries (Boootstrap 5, jQuery v3.6.0, Font Awsome 6) - ok, new icons, new features.
- CKEditor 5 - ok. A newer version should bring new features.

I hope you will not delete my post :) There are so many people happy about Opencart 4. I waited for it too, but now the future looks dimmed. Anyway, it is better to get that release than offer a version 3 released more than 3-5 years ago. For some reason, customers think that newer is better :good:
Since last week, the opencart-3 github repository has evolved greatly.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rempong » Thu May 26, 2022 8:30 pm

Thank you for the hardwork.

It seems some user Can't post or reply in OpenCart 4.0 forum boards!

OPENCART MODULE :
Opencart Compare Link Link your compared product to forum/email

Frontend Link From Admin Dashboard
Get link to product , category, manufacturer, information from admin backend.

Copy and DIRECTLY Edit Product the easy way.

Custom Product Sort Full control to product sorting options

Already Sold Product Module, shows total product sold

Location - Indonesia

Post by khnaz35 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:33 pm

Thank you for the hard work!

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by imakeitwork » Thu May 26, 2022 10:15 pm

Thanks for the new version - it does have some new features that needed to be added (especially WYSIWYG editor).

As an extension developer I'm in the crossroad though - when customers started using OC 3.0.x., most of them asked to build OCMOD versions of my extensions. So I converted 95% of them to OCMOD, and did not build VQMOD versions anymore. Now since OCMOD is no longer supported, I should convert all my extensions back to vQmod. But since there are less and less customers for them, I'm still wondering if it's worth dealing with 4.0 at all...