black is hard to read
the white cursive script is harder to read

Give it another go! ;D

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by AndyGaskell » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 pm

How about a button...
and the PSD if anyone wants it...
http://ssofb.co.uk/uploads/Main/opencar ... 200x50.psd

I'm a web developer at http://www.ssofb.co.uk in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Got a random blog at http://www.andygaskell.blogspot.com/.

Location - Aberdeen UK

Post by N1kko » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:18 am

Very simple clean animated gif 468x60px

Attachments

OC_Full_Banner_Animated_468x60.gif

OC_Full_Banner_Animated_468x60.gif (7.86 KiB) Viewed 9287 times

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:35 am

N1kko wrote:Very simple clean animated gif 468x60px
Now we're talking. Very nice

Administrator

Post by SXGuy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:55 pm

All i can say is.. it never hurt google to change there brand colours every couple of days lol

but they do keep the same type font..well generally do.

Of course, alot can be said for the fact google is wide known and they could call themselves poogle for all the good it would do to make people stop using their search engine.

But i think if people know of the name, the branding is a matter of opinion alone.

And im sure i read somehwere, someone making the point of how pepsi colours stay the same? yes its true, but i can think of at least 5 times in the past where the logo has been stretched or redesigned to fit the can.

Post by 900pixels » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:36 pm

SXGuy wrote:All i can say is.. it never hurt google to change there brand colours every couple of days lol

but they do keep the same type font..well generally do.

Of course, alot can be said for the fact google is wide known and they could call themselves poogle for all the good it would do to make people stop using their search engine.

But i think if people know of the name, the branding is a matter of opinion alone.

And im sure i read somehwere, someone making the point of how pepsi colours stay the same? yes its true, but i can think of at least 5 times in the past where the logo has been stretched or redesigned to fit the can.

Okay Google's brand has not changed for shit. Sure they change their banner to inform us of something interesting that happened on todays date, but their brand is well and truly set. I remember when Google went so far as to change their favicon and their was massive talk about it.

Pepsi changed their font on their brand maybe two or three years ago and that was big news, they would never stretch it to fit on their own can. That is just bullshit. Imagine the designer at pepsi going to his boss and saying 'our logo doesn't fit on the can, so I stretched it'. He'd have a new arsehole in a second.

Look personally I couldn't give a rats arse how open cart brands itself, I use it and I know its great. But coming from a designer's point of view I know that:
YOU ARE YOUR BRAND

Post by gocreative » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Just for my two cents, as 900pixels suggested, the colour should be standardised as blue, with a few monotone variants.

Branding is everything you do. It's your brand mark/logo, your colours, your typography, your style, your staff and even what your staff wear. It's for this reason that the colour should be standardised. Every step in another direction dilutes your brand.

I'd suggest a basic style guide is created before any banners are provided to the public otherwise it will very quickly turn into a mess. I'm happy to create such a guide if it helps matters.

While some major brands such as Microsoft change their colours for specific purposes, it's generally not the logo itself. The 'original' Microsoft logo is black. When appearing on light or complex backgrounds, it's inverted to white. They're the main two uses, and background colours are NOT part of their branding. Observe this snapshot of its usage.
N1kko wrote:Very simple clean animated gif 468x60px
I liked this one however, given users are only on a page for about four seconds before heading somewhere else, the timings need to be adjusted. I'd suggest:

Frame one: Logo and a mention of being open source/free
Frame two: 'Simple. Powerful. Flexible.'

Both frames to appear for about 0.5 to 1 second.

Post by kalexan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Since a sense of simplicity is in the air and N1kko's attempts seem to be very favorable (thank you N1kko!), here is a similar proposition:

Attachments

opencart_468x60.gif

Banner 468x60 - opencart_468x60.gif (6.19 KiB) Viewed 9074 times

Post by gocreative » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 pm

That's outstanding (simple, but just about perfect). The only thing I'd change is remove a few words so that it's "The next generation in shopping carts".

I'm sure you just slapped it together but also some of the larger capped words aren't perfectly aligned vertically. I'd also consider left-aligning the text so that it always starts from the same position on each frame. It just makes it easier on the eye.

And I still prefer 'Flexible' over 'Customisable' ;-)

Post by kalexan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Here you are. I kept "The next generation in[br]shopping cart solutions!". By changing the line at "shopping cart solutions" makes it obvious for the eye what opencart is. Each phraze is aligned according to the logo, not the space between the top and the url area.

Attachments

opencart_468x60_2.gif

opencart_468x60_2.gif (6.52 KiB) Viewed 9070 times

Post by N1kko » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:52 pm

kalexan wrote:Here you are. I kept "The next generation in[br]shopping cart solutions!". By changing the line at "shopping cart solutions" makes it obvious for the eye what opencart is. Each phraze is aligned according to the logo, not the space between the top and the url area.
Great work, think that should do the job ;)

Post by gocreative » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Yep, I think that's the best banner by far. Great work!

Post by Johnathan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:00 pm

I agree, I like it the best of all of them so far. Nice job!

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by gustavoBRZ » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:17 am

shahz wrote:I've made something rather simple, but that can go along with pretty much and design and will look best on a white template. Best to go in the footer.
ocbacklink.png
This is the best MY OPINION

Post by wejonk » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:36 am

I like the cart and the green version therefore:
opencart.gif

opencart.gif (325.97 KiB) Viewed 8922 times

Post by ritey » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:13 am

I've just kept it simple...
pboc-black.png

Black background white text - pboc-black.png (4.25 KiB) Viewed 8830 times

pboc-white-text-trans.png

White text on transparent background - pboc-white-text-trans.png (4.78 KiB) Viewed 8830 times

pboc-trans.png

Black text on transparent background - pboc-trans.png (4.75 KiB) Viewed 8830 times

Dave
www.coderstudios.com

Location - Richmond

Post by ritey » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:28 am

and finally
pboc-white.png

White background black text - pboc-white.png (4.09 KiB) Viewed 8830 times

You can see it in-place here ocextenisons.ritey.com

Dave
www.coderstudios.com

Location - Richmond

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:26 pm