Post by Sampletekk » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:40 pm

I have a dedicated server where I host my store. I now have installed a separate harddisk in it.
I'm selling downloadable files that can be rather large.

If I move my downloadable files to the new harddrive, I guess I need to update the path so that the store can find them.
Is there some kind of extention that does this or is it possible to cange the path yourself?

Per
Sampletekk

Post by butte » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:03 am

Drives nowadays are large enough that you should be able to put all of your monstrously huge files plus the few mb of OC files and the db onto your new one. This assumes that "rather large" means singly into gb range and severally perhaps even nearing tb range. It also leaves all downloads internal to OC.

Else, you'll probably need to change the DIR section paths in the two config.php files, you might be looking at re-aliasing some paths in Apache, and how best to go at it will probably differ between Linux and Windows, not to mention that OC does NOT prefer or readily accommodate what it perceives as external downloads. You might ask host support (unless you're it) or look at stackoverflow.com for that.

Guru Member