Post by Bicss » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi!
I have a t-shirt shop.
I have various colors models of each shirt, for example, logo blue - shirt white, logo white - shirt blue etc.
When i create the convination options i have to type all combinations that i think for later put it all in the product configuration..
But i have infinite model convinations, and put the color convinations in option config to later put back the options in the shirt is not intuitive.

How can i type the option color convinations text when i am creating the new shirt product?

Thx!

Post by butte » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:48 am

You have a basic product line, of t-shirts. The shirts themselves may have round necks, vee necks, short sleeves, long sleeves, tight weave, sexy weave, whatever, in combinations such as round-short-tight, vee-long-sexy, etc. (2 cubed is 8). The manufacturer makes long runs of each. The colors are secondary, you have raw white, dyed blue, red, green, pink, orange, teal, yellow, whatever. The manufacturer dyes the already made shirts in color batches. The logos are secondary, you have patterns, colors, color reversals, whatever. The manufacturer may apply logos to t-shirts that are already sewn and that are already died, in batches. The possible combinations are large but finite. Start with the cloth product; shapes are covered, eight. Set up the color options. Set up the logo options. Set up the logo color options. Customers can be given the, say, eight shirts, with three option selectors, for shirt color, for logo, for logo color. Then when any shirt style is chosen the options are selected but are NOT part of a primary product name or description.

You'll find options and attributes settable in admin. You can also find extensions (button top right) for options.

If you do it the other way, then when you have the full array of combinations down pat, you will be ready to complicate them with permutations. You do not want to go there.

Guru Member

Post by Bicss » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:02 am

if I understand correctly you mean that i have to do all color attributes one by one going to catalog menu > attributes and at the end select what i need in the product attributes not?