Post by hotgvibe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:04 am

Hello, we want to change the default shipping country on our checkout page. It is currently set as Canada, which is where we are located. However, on Samsung phones and tablets, which is a huge part of our traffic, when you click on country on the checkout page, Canada shows up on the top and people scroll down to find the USA, when in fact the USA is actually above Canada in the list. We found no way to adjust this sort order or make the USA our default shipping country, which would be best is this is where the vast majority of our orders come from. We tried testing from a USA ip and this did not change anything, Canada is still default. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Post by Johnathan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:06 am

My Geo IP Tools extension can set the customer's default shipping area, based on their IP address. It also includes an optional pop-up, if you want to allow customer's to change their location when first visiting.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by nutsandbananas » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Is there any I can set a default shipping country in the drop down on the checkout page without an extension?

Post by opentoshopping » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:04 am

nutsandbananas wrote:
Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:00 pm
Is there any I can set a default shipping country in the drop down on the checkout page without an extension?
Yes you can select the locale in admin > system > store > locale -> select the default country.