Post by Danh » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:02 am

Hello OC community,

i was wondering if any other OC users experienced any issues when trying to share a link to their facebook page. I noticed that when posting a link in my facebook or slick deals the images are not generated. example if i post a link from one of my products the generated image/ info only displays the product titles and the meta tag, no image for the product is displayed.

Post by mcattell1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi
Did you solve this issue?
Im having the same problem.
thanks

Post by ocartman » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:06 pm

I have the same problem, any solution to this problem?

Post by labeshops » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:40 pm

Make sure you have added the facebook og markup to your header so it knows what it is supposed to grab. There are several extensions, including free ones, to do this.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by ocartman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:57 pm

I installed a free extension facebook open graph tags and checked a few products and it seemed to help but as i checked more some were not adding the picture.
I clicked a same product again after closing the facebook popup and then the picture shows up on that product share now.

I am not sure why opencart does not have facebook sharing working and a priority to have fixed, especially when social media is huge in marketing and sales.
If you are having problems with opencart facebook sharing try adding the opengraph tags free extension and try that.
The extension can be found here:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... e=0&page=2

Dan

Post by ocartman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:51 pm

I ran into a problem after changing some product fields.

Now after changing the product meta tag description, description, Seo H1 the share button will not show the correct information. What is shows is the exact same as if i shared the home page.

I do not know what the association of these fields to the facebook button is but maybe someone can shed some light on this.

Post by ocartman » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:37 am

Ok this i driving me crazy now..

I figured i would add a new product and check how it works on the facebook button and it does not work.
The share button will show the website front page and link to the front page.

So i started to see what all the other share buttons show and they are showing correct information, so is it facebook or opencart that is the problem????????

Post by agatha65 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:11 pm

If your share button is adding the home page this is a button problem.
If the product url is submitted and the information is wrong there are two possible problems:
The og tags are not correct because of conflict with the theme modifications
or
The Facebook has already old data and you have to use the debugger to fetch new product information.
Send me the site url and I will check it.

Suppliers Module - XML, CSV, XLS Product Feed Import and Update
Rich Snippets | Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags | WebP Images

Location - Canada, QC

Post by debbiekipt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:29 pm

I am having a similar issue with trying to share blog posts using the Facebook Share button, using Journal2 theme on 1.5.6.4 opencart installation.

I tried the code given in this thread but saw no change: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=42331&start=40

When I try to share a product, it does show the image, but no product name or info.
When trying to share a blog post it just shows text 'share.es' and shows website name only.

I did upload your extension Agatha, but sadly no joy!
I still get 'Document returned no data' when I use the Facebook debug tool.

Has anyone experienced this or solved it in 1.5.6.4 willing to share how? :-)

Many thanks!

Post by ocartman » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:55 pm

I dont think and extension should fix a facebook share, at least not with the popularity of facebook now....

This should be implemented into stock opencart, i no nothing about code but seems logical to me.

Post by ocartman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:02 am

Getting closer to fixing this.
It seems i named my image folder with a space in between the name and this is not good.
so i changed the image folder to include a - between the name instead of a space, now i have to repoint the image in the product now, going to take a long time with over 1000 products.

Post by ocartman » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Well it is a good thing i didnt continue with renaming folders and repointing images as the test one i did is showing the wrong products now.
So i am back to square one on this opencart problem with social media. Any other suggestions on the cause of this?

Post by ocartman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:40 pm

danh

Did you get this working correctly? still not working on my end.