Post by shoo002 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:25 am

Invalid token session. Please login again.

This error comes up all the time, it seems to kick you out after only a few minutes of non use. Is there a way of increasing the time before a re login is required.

Stewart

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:33 am

If the session actually expired, you should not see that message. You would only see it if you had a live session but didn't have the &token=xxxxxx in your url.

It does a check to see if the token in your url matches the token in the session, but only if there is a session token.

So if you are seeing that message, that means the session token is still active, but you are no longer adding it to the url.

Administrator

Post by shoo002 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:42 am

Q thanks for your response. Very thorough but I dont understand what you mean. can you elaborate to me like a simpleton.

Thanks Again
Stewart

Post by devonc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:59 am

I am having the same issue with 1.4.8. And, it occurs when I select an admin menu item. For example, I'm looking at Categories and select Catalog -> Products.

Q - as you described, the Products page url is displayed without a token & the login page is shown. But, shouldn't it be appended automatically?

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:10 am

It is appended automatically to the url. If you are seeing it without the token in the url then it is likely due to you using a mod that changed the header.php for an older version.
For example, if you are using the 1.4.7 Import/Export for 1.4.8, then you would have a custom 1.4.7 header.php file and you would totally break the token stuff.

Be sure you are using 1.4.8 compatible mods.

Administrator

Post by devonc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:43 am

That was exactly my problem.
Thanks for the quick response.

Post by adrunkentheory » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:53 am

I'm getting this on a fresh install. Is it because I'm hitting the /admin/ URL manually? Or because I have several other Open Cart administration information saved. (sessions, cookies, etc.)

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:41 am

If the token is not in the url, then it will always return to the login page

Administrator

Post by ismail_bad » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:39 am

Hello!
I am getting the same error when I try to login : Invalid token session. Please login again.
I am trying to login with my admin user but it gives all the time the same error:
"
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
"
If I login on localhost it is working without problem.
What can I do? I am using Opencart 1.4.9.
Please help! Thanks!

Post by daza2304 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:17 pm

add this to both php.ini files in root and admin

Code: Select all

session.save_path = /tmp/php_sessions;
hope that helps

Post by mberlant » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:54 am

As adrunkentheory was sober enough to mention, this happens when you use the same browser, even in different tabs, to simultaneously manage more than one store residing on one physical host.

I have several clients' stores on one host. One is heavily modded, so it is still on 1.3.x, and the others are all 1.4.x. I cannot simultaneously manage more than one of the 1.4.x stores from the same browser because I get the "Invalid Token, Please Log In" diversion every time I switch to the "other" store's tab.

Since I figured it out, I have started to open up the second store in IE while leaving my session with the first store open in Firefox.

Hope this helps.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by ismail_bad » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:22 am

Looks like my problem was solved without any intervension. I believe that the problem was something from the server.
Thanks anyway ! :)

Post by bid2low » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 pm

I have the same problem, but with no help i even got the 404 - Access Denied and i tryed many thing but with no help. Then i made a .htaccess with this inside

order allow,deny
allow from all

save it like .htaccess and put that in the main folder of admin and then everything work perfect.

http://www.bid2low.se Free Reverse Auction Software For Your New Website

Post by opensource_user » Tue May 20, 2014 6:53 am

I am having this problem and I checked my vQmods to see which ones I have installed. The XML folder in my vqmods folder only has 2 files:

uksb_grid_view_default
vqmod_opencart

So I don't think its a mod I have that is interfering with the header.php file...

The site has been kicking me out and telling me invalid token session off and on for over a year. It's inconsistent; it does it when it wants to. What can I do? Is it my web host?

Post by krishnapanamgipalli » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:04 pm

please helme out invalid token session is hitting me

Post by Purebeads » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:07 am

My experience with "Invalid token session" is that I must reduce the number of open Admin pages to one and then log in again. Then I can have multiple pages open. (That's the way it worked for me in the past, but I am now having problems keeping multiple pages open even when I do that.) If that doesn't work for you, try a different browser.

Post by kjshier » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:16 am

"Right-Click" open in new tab/window any item in admin and it maintains the token in the new tab/window.
That's how I open multiple windows all with the same token.

Location - South Wales UK

Post by Purebeads » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:46 pm

That USED to work for me, but it doesn't work any more. I'm no longer able to keep many pages open at one time.

Post by mimm » Tue May 09, 2017 1:50 am

Hello there,

I have got a problem when I'm trying to edit my website on opencart. I'm using 2.3.0.1 version and when I go to categories to edit it doesn't show me the full window and after a while it automatically logs out with a message that "Invalid token session. Please login again". Can you guys help me how to fix this problem??

Thanks in advance
Md Abdullah Al Mamun Mim

Post by parulk30 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:25 pm

I am facing same problem.

Please suggest me how to fix.